CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard
Recent better offer: 75K after $5K in the first 5 months (Expired 1/16/20)
FM Mini Review: This card usually has a great signup bonus, but if you're looking for a card to keep long term, you'll find better options.
Card Type: Mastercard World
Earning rate: ⚬ 2X AA ⚬ 2X certain telecommunications merchants ⚬ 2X car rental merchants ⚬ 2X gas
Big spend bonus: Earn $99 plus taxes domestic companion certificate after $30K spend
Noteworthy perks: ⚬ First checked bag free ⚬ Priority Boarding ⚬ Reduced mileage awards ⚬ Save 25% on inflight purchases
Citi Application Tips
- 24 Month Rule (ThankYou Cards): To get bonus on any ThankYou card, you must wait 24 months after receiving a new cardmember bonus or closing any ThankYou card account. Applies to Preferred, Premier, Prestige, and Rewards+.
- 24 Month Rule (Expedia Cards): To get bonus on any Expedia card, you must wait 24 months after opening or closing any Expedia card account.
- 48 Month Rule (AA Cards): With Citi AA cards, you have to wait 48 months after receiving a bonus for the same exact card.
- Velocity Rules: Max 1 personal card per 8 days. Max 2 personal cards per 65 days. Max 1 business card per 95 days.
- Get Same Card Again: Citi allows getting same card again (even if card is still open) as long as you follow the 24 or 48 month rules and velocity rules (above).
- Hard inquiries DO NOT combine into 1 when approved same day
Check application status here.
If denied, call reconsideration here:800-695-5171 (personal); 800-763-9795 (business)
If reconsideration # doesn’t work, try the Citi Credit Card Executive Office: 423-477-6858
Related Cards (American AAdvantage)