|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Aeroplan has launched a new transfer bonus giving 20% bonus miles when transferring points from most hotel loyalty programs. Unfortunately there’s one notable excluded hotel program which is the only one that would have been worthwhile.
- Receive 20% bonus miles when transferring points from the following hotel programs to Aeroplan:
- Accor All Live Limitless
- Best Western Rewards
- Choice Privileges
- Coast Rewards
- Hilton Honors
- IHG One Rewards
- Radisson Rewards America
- Shangri-La Golden Circle
- Wyndham Rewards
- Direct link to offer.
- Offer valid on conversion transactions from Participating Hotel loyalty points (“Hotel Points into Aeroplan Points”) made between October 24, 2022 at 12:00 AM EDT and November 13, 2022 at 11:59 PM EDT (“Promotional Period”).
- Marriott Bonvoy is not a Participating Hotel program in this offer and therefore points converted from this loyalty program into Aeroplan points will not be eligible for any bonus Aeroplan points associated with this offer.
- Before you make a conversion request, ensure that your name registered in your Aeroplan account exactly matches your membership account name in the desired Participating Hotel program. If the names on the two accounts do not match, the transfer request may not be processed.
- Bonus Aeroplan Points may take up to 4-6 weeks to be credited to the Aeroplan Members’ account after the end of the Promotional Period.
- Each Participating Hotel has a minimum and/or maximum points value that must/can be converted in a single transaction into Aeroplan points to be eligible for this Offer. The rules of each Participating Hotel program apply to any transaction requested from that program.
The only hotel loyalty program that offers good value when transferring their points to airline programs is Marriott Bonvoy, so it’s a shame that they’re excluded from this transfer bonus.
As a result, this promotion isn’t very enticing because transferring points from the other programs will provide poor redemption value. The only time where it might make some semblance of sense is if you have some orphaned points with one of the hotel chains that will otherwise go unused. In that scenario, if you would be able to make use of the paltry number of Aeroplan miles you’d receive even with the 20% transfer bonus, it could be worth it.
I could redeem 100k in Radisson points for 10k+2k bonus. Not awesome but not that far off from what they may actually be worth 🙂
I wish we knew what the conversion from Radisson to Choice will be after they are integrated… because Choice conversion ratio is twice as good as Radisson.
Why should anyone be surprised?
Stephen, got all excited for a second…