|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
IHG is currently running a sale that gives a 15% discount on award stays lasting 1-3 nights. This is only available for credit cardholders and those with Diamond or Platinum status and can be particularly useful if you have a free night certificate from the IHG Select card as it opens up some additional opportunities.
- Save 15% when booking IHG award stays of 1-3 nights.
- Chase IHG Rewards cardholders must book their Reward Nights between October 24, 2022 through October 28, 2022.
- IHG One Rewards Diamond Elite and Platinum Elite members must book between October 26, 2022 through October 28, 2022 at participating IHG Hotels & Resorts properties.
- All stays must be completed by December 16, 2022 to qualify for the 15 percent off offer.
- This discount offer (“Offer”) is available to those IHG One Rewards members granted access to the discount when booking a Reward Night at a participating hotel through an official IHG online reservations site while signed into their IHG One Rewards account. The Offer is for a 15% discount off the number of points needed to book a stay using points only. If using Points & Cash, the 15% discount will be applied to the cash portion of each available option. Only those Reward Nights booked by October 28, 2022 for stays during the period from October 26, 2022 through December 16, 2022 qualify for the Offer. The 15% discount is offered at time of booking as identified on the participating hotel’s booking page.
When IHG revamped their loyalty program earlier this year, they mentioned that elite members would be eligible for award discounts and it looks like this is the first time since then that they’ve run one of those opportunities. IHG did run a similar award sale last year, although that gave a discount of 20% on stays of 1-3 nights versus 15% this time around.
Even if you don’t have Diamond or Platinum status, you’re still eligible for this promotion if you have an IHG credit card. This award sale could be of particular interest if you’re an IHG Select credit cardholder and need to redeem its annual free night certificate that’s good on a night costing up to 40,000 points. That’s because unlike the free night certificate from the IHG Premier card, the Select’s certificate can’t be topped up with extra points for more expensive award stays.
As a result, an award night previously costing 40,001-47,058 points will now cost less than 40,000 points, thereby making it bookable with a free night certificate from an IHG Select card. For example, let’s say you want to book a free night in Manhattan; there are now several properties that have dropped below 40,000 points from this award sale.
Having said all that, some of these prices might be artificially high. Nick has been keeping an eye on prices for a possible award booking and when checking costs since this sale was launched, his anecdotal experience is that award prices were bumped up which means that the 15% discount isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. That’s not necessarily always going to be the case though, so it’s definitely worth running some searches in case this sale will save you points on a shorter award stay.