|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
There’s a targeted IHG Amex Offer out that can save you up to 25% when staying at three of their hotel brands. This spending offer can be particularly useful for anyone wanting to take advantage of the current Ambassador membership promotion.
- Spend $300 in one or more purchases on room rate and room charges at participating InterContinental, Kimpton and Hotel Indigo properties & get $75 back from an Amex Offer.
- Expires December 31, 2022.
- Offer valid only at participating Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton Hotels, and Hotel Indigo properties in the US and US territories.
- Reservations must be made directly through IHG online at IHG.com, by calling 1-877-424-2449, or via the IHG app.
- Excludes the Palazzo Las Vegas, The Venetian Las Vegas, Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, Regent Hotels & Resorts, HUALUXE Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza, EVEN Hotels, voco hotels, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Holiday Inn Resort, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, avid hotels, IHG Army Hotels and Mr & Mrs Smith hotels.
- Excludes international locations outside the US.
- Not valid for purchases at restaurants, gift cards, kimptonstyle.com, or for IHG One Rewards points purchases.
- Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.
- Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date.
- Valid only on purchases made in US dollars.
If the cost of your stay including hotel taxes and fees happened to be exactly $300, you’d be saving 25% with this Amex Offer which is a great deal. If the cost of your stay is $600+ and you have a partner with the offer on one of their cards too, you can ask the hotel to split the cost of the stay on the two cards in order to get a total of $150 back in statement credits.
This Amex Offer can be particularly useful for anyone who’s planning on taking advantage of the latest Ambassador membership offer. That’s giving 20,000 bonus IHG One Rewards points when joining or renewing Ambassador status and staying two nights at an InterContinental or Kimpton property. Given the higher end nature of those two IHG brands, there’s a good chance that your room rate for two nights at one of their properties in the US will come to $300 or more, thereby making that membership offer even more worthwhile.
Thanks to Sarah & Ian in the Frequent Miler Insiders Facebook group for providing screenshots of the offer.
I have an upcoming stay at Hotel Indigo French Quarters in New Orleans. The transaction just posted to my Gold as “Royal St Charles Hotel”. Does anyone know if Amex will still credit it for the offer? This specific Hotel Indigo is a new addition to IHG, so, not sure if their payment systems have been updated. Did not receive the usual email from Amex that says that an offer was just used!
Thank you so much for this info! Do you know if this can be combined with the Pick Your Payoff offer (10K bonus pts for every 4 nights), and also if using the free weekend night credit (I’m planning to sign-up for Ambassador) counts toward the Pick Your Payoff? Thanks 🙂
Yes, the Amex Offer definitely counts towards Pick Your Payoff. As for the free weekend night certificate, I think it’ll count towards Pick Your Payoff, but I’m not 100% certain.
I already have a Kimpton stay booked for November. Do I need to register to get this promotion, or will it automatically be credited if I use my IHG credit card?
You need to load the Amex Offer to one of your Amex cards and ensure that the hotel charges the cost of your stay to that card. Paying with your IHG credit card won’t work because that’s a Chase card.
Thanks! I only have the Amex Gold and don’t see the offer:(
Is there a specific Amex card that this only applies to, or do you have a link? I have an Amex Everyday card and a Hilton Honors Amex card but neither has this offer. How often do offers get renewed (ie. how often are you checking your accounts for offer updates)? Thanks!
These kinds of offers are targeted, so they could appear on any card. It’s worth continuing to check because sometimes Amex Offers get rolled out over time, so if you weren’t targeted when the offer first came out, it might still appear later.
I noted that it says “Not valid for purchases at restaurants”, but would restaurant spend that is charged to the room while on stay be considered a room charge?
Yes, restaurants charged to your room would be eligible, it’s only if you paid the restaurant directly that it wouldn’t work.