Best Western has launched a potentially great new promotion as they’re offering a free night voucher after staying twice during the promotion period. Best Western being Best Western though, you don’t get much time to redeem the free night voucher.
- Stay twice at Best Western properties in the United States, Canada or the Caribbean Islands & receive a free night voucher.
- Direct link to registration.
- Best Western Rewards® members (“Member(s)”) who (a) register for the Promotion (either on bestwestern.com/rewardsrush4 or as otherwise permitted (e.g., at the front desk of any Best Western® branded hotel in the United States, Canada, or the Caribbean Islands), (b) complete two (2) separate eligible stays* between Tuesday, November 24, 2020 and Sunday, January 31, 2021 (“Promotion Period”) at a Best Western branded hotel in the United States, Canada or the Caribbean Islands, and (c) have a valid email address listed in the Member’s account profile at the time of registration for the Promotion, will earn a free night voucher redeemable at any Best Western branded hotel in the United States, Canada, or the Caribbean Islands. The free night voucher will expire on March 31, 2021. Please allow approximately 2-3 weeks following the completion of the eligible stays to receive the free night voucher.
- There is a limit of one (1) free night voucher a Member can earn during the Promotion Period.
- Free night voucher redemption reservation must be completed by calling 1 (800) 567-4009. Free night voucher can be redeemed at any Best Western branded hotel in the United States, Canada, or the Caribbean Islands. Free night voucher redemption is subject to hotel availability.
While I’m not a big fan of Best Western’s promotions due to their restrictive nature, I will give them credit for running a new promotion as soon as the last one has finished.
This particular promotion has the potential to be more rewarding than their normal offers too. You could book two cheap stays of one night each and in return receive a voucher for a free night at any property in the US, Canada or Caribbean Islands. There doesn’t appear to be any restriction on which property you can redeem it at provided there’s availability.
As always though, Best Western has made the promotion more restrictive than it needed to be. You can earn the free night voucher on stays through January 31, 2021, but the voucher is only valid through March 31, 2021. The terms state that it can take 2-3 weeks to actually receive the voucher, so you potentially have less than 6 weeks in which you can book your free night stay.
Not only that, but you can’t redeem the free night voucher online – you have to call to make a reservation. That’s not necessarily a huge issue, but it’s another seemingly unnecessary hurdle they’ve added. To be fair though, Hilton makes you call to redeem their free night certificates too, so it’s not like Best Western is the only one.
If you’ll be paying for your stay before the end of the year, there’s an Amex Offer that’ll work with this. That can also be stacked with $10 bonus cashback when tapping through to Best Western’s website from the Ibotta app; that bonus ends on December 1 though. Otherwise, you can click through to Best Western from a shopping portal – you can find the current rates here and here.