American Airlines and Mastercard are teaming up for an interesting offer: Book an American Airlines flight on AA.com with your Mastercard from 8/23/21 to 9/30/21 (and complete travel by 3/15/22) and get $50 off your next flight. I am a little confused about whether you need to complete travel before you get the $50 coupon, but what is clear is that you’ll want to register before booking.
- American Airlines and Mastercard are offering a discount off a future trip when you book a trip at AA.com using a Mastercard between 8/23/21 and 9/30/21 and complete travel by 3/15/22. Register, book during the window and complete your travel by 3/15/22 and you’ll get $50 off your next flight.
- Direct link to this promotion
- Offer: If an Eligible Entrant registers and books a flight on AA.com between 8/23/21 and 9/30/21 and pays with a MasterCard, they will receive a $50 incentive code for a second trip to be booked on AA.com and completed between 11/11/21-3/15/22 (“Offer”).
- Eligibility: The Mastercard – American Airlines Offer (“Offer”) is open only to individuals who are at the time/date of submission: 1) Mastercard cardholder; 2) AAdvantage Member; 2) legal permanent residents of one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia; and 3) legal age of majority (which is eighteen (18) in most states, but is nineteen (19) in Alabama and Nebraska, and twenty-one (21) in Mississippi) in their state of jurisdiction of residence (“Eligible Entrant”).
- Offer Period: The Offer begins at 12:00:01AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on 8/23/21 and ends at 11:59:59PM ET on 9/30/21, or while supplies last, whichever comes first (“Offer Period”).
- During the Offer Period, Mastercard cardholders must register to participate at http://aaoffer.mastercard.us/register and include the following information as a part of the registration: First and Last Name, Email address, and AAdvantage Frequent Flyer Number).
- Upon completion of this process (and verification by Sponsor), the $50 incentive codes (“Gift”) will be emailed to the first 100,000 Eligible Entrants who qualify.
- Eligible Entrant will receive their Gift on or about 11/11/21, or six (6) to eight (8) weeks after the Offer Period has ended.
- Eligible Entrants who receive the Gift can use it towards the purchase of their next AA flight on AA.com while supplies last.
- Eligible Entrant can use the Gift when purchasing their next AA flight on AA.com from 11/11/21 – 3/15/22.
- Eligible Entrant must book their trip on AA.com using their Gift and have completed their trip by 3/15/22.
- Gift is valid for reservations made in the U.S. on flights operated by American Airlines and/or American Eagle originating in the US48, Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- One (1) Gift per Eligible Entrant.
- Minimum Fare Value of $60 in order for the Gift to apply.
- Cannot combine with any other discounts, including Trip Credits and Flight Credits.
- Only applicable for tickets purchased on AA.com.
- See full terms on the promo landing page
This looks like a very nice deal if you’ll be booking a flight on American Airlines during the offer period. What isn’t entirely clear to me is whether you need to complete the booked travel before you get the $50 credit. It kind of sounds to me like you just need to book a trip that is scheduled to be completed by 3/15/22 and then you’ll get the $50 coupon sometime around 11/11/21. It is at least possible that they won’t award the coupon until you complete the booked travel (but if your first trip is scheduled toward the end of the travel window it wouldn’t give you much time to use the code, so I’m not sure).
Keep in mind that you can’t combine these coupons with existing flight credits, you’ll need to make a booking using the $50 coupon as the only discount in order to use it. Still, this should be a nice win for those who can take advantage.
H/T: Reader just meer