Google has launched a new promotion offering 50% back in Fi credit when buying a Pixel 4 or Pixel 4 XL. This is a great deal on a new Pixel phone, although it might be worth waiting until later this week to pull the trigger on this offer in case they drop the price for Black Friday.
- Get 50% back in Google Fi credit after your first 60 days of service when buying Google Pixel 4 or 4 XL:
- Pixel 4 64 GB: $400 Fi Credit
- Pixel 4 128 GB: $450 Fi Credit
- Pixel 4 XL 64 GB: $450 Fi Credit
- Pixel 4 XL 128 GB: $500 Fi Credit
- Direct link to offer.
- Stephen’s wife’s referral link for new Fi users.
- You can qualify as either a new or existing Google Fi customer.
- To qualify for the Fi credit, you need to :
- Have active Fi service with the same email you used to purchase the phone.
- Activate the purchased Pixel 4 or Pixel 4 XL within 30 days of the shipment confirmation email and remain active for 60 consecutive days (this can be done by you or anyone on your group plan).
- Activate on a full service plan (i.e., data-only SIMs do not qualify).
- Offer is valid Nov 24, 2019 at 12:00 AM PST through Dec 2, 2019 at 11:59 PM PST, or while supplies last.
- For individual plans, limit one per person. For group plans, limit one per group plan member.
- Offer is only available to U.S. residents 18 years or older, and requires Google Payments and Google Fi accounts.
- Unless otherwise stated, this offer cannot be combined with other offers.
- Fi credit is not transferable and is not valid for cash or cash equivalent.
- If Google Fi determines that this offer is used in connection with abuse, misuse, or fraud, the Fi credit will be voided. Account must be active and in good standing to receive credits.
- Void where prohibited.
Google ran an amazing deal for Black Friday last year where you got back 100% of the cost of a Pixel 3 in the form of select travel gift cards. Greg, Nick and I all took advantage of that deal, although I think I’m the only one of us still using a Pixel 3 on Fi. We had some dead spots in the mountains of West Virginia recently, but other than that I’ve been happy overall with the coverage we’ve had around the country this past year.
This new offer isn’t quite as good as last year’s. Well, it’s exactly half as good seeing as it’s 50% back rather than 100%, but 50% back as Fi credit is still a great deal if you were planning on buying a Pixel 4 or Pixel 4 XL and don’t need to pay in installments.
Having said that, bear in mind what happened last year. They offered something like 50% off the Pixel 3 which proved to be fairly popular, but then a day or two later they came out with the 100% back offer. It might therefore be best to wait a few days to see if this offer improves as it’s due to last until December 2, albeit with the caveat that it’s while supplies last. Alternatively, pay for the phone with one of the few cards that still offers price protection and make a claim if the price drops. I’ve never made a price protection claim and so I doubt they’d accept a claim where Google offers 100% back in Fi credit, but I’m sure one retailer or another will offer a cheaper price on the Pixel 4 or 4 XL on Black Friday.
One of the nice features of this offer is that it’s available to both new and existing users. If you’re new to Fi, you can get $20 when being referred. Here’s my wife’s referral code – I think she gets $20 off her bill if you use her referral.