|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
British Airways is offering double Avios on up to 10 flights operated by British Airways and their domestic subsidiaries in the UK as well as Comair in southern Africa and also on codeshares with American, Iberia, and Finnair between Europe and North America when you register and book by December 13th and travel by June 30, 2020. If there is even a chance that you’ll fly a qualifying paid flight, it’s worth registering now.
- British Airways is offering double Avios on your next 10 qualifying flights when you register and book by December 13, 2019 and travel by June 30, 2020.
- Direct link to this offer
- Must be booked between 18 September 2019 and 13 December 2019
- Must travel by June 30, 2020
- A Qualifying Flight is a flight with a British Airways prefix on any selling class or cabin on any British Airways operated service (excluding Reward flights or upgrades using Avios) or any flight included as part of a British Airways holiday and any flight with a British Airways prefix on a transatlantic flight operated by British Airways (BA), American Airlines (AA), Iberia (IB) or Finnair (AY) between Europe and North America. The promotion also applies to travel on domestic flights within the UK, and within southern Africa (operated by Comair), Sunnair and CityFlyer.
- Any other flights operated by any other British Airways franchises, codeshare partners or oneworld® alliance members will not qualify.
- Qualifying flights can be booked one-way, round trip, or multi-city
If you’ll be flying a paid premium cabin flight, you should ignore this offer and credit that to Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan as you can earn a boatload of valuable Alaska miles for paid premium cabin flights on British Airways.
But if you’re flying in economy class and/or on the qualifying codeshare flights (or perhaps you’re crediting to British Airways to earn oneworld status), this promotion may become worthwhile. You won’t earn double tier credits nor will any elite bonuses double — this just doubles base Avios earning on qualifying flights.
Registering is quick and easy. Keep in mind that you’ll earn the bonus for your first ten flights between registration and June 30, 2020 — so there is a lot of time to earn. Don’t forget to register and book before December 13, 2019.
My timing sucks – booked BA with CC two days ago –
then last week bought Marriott points before they went on sale and before 9.14 so I could have more points advance reservations and then my reservations some dropped enough that I didn’t need to even buy the points *sigh* – but I was able to use the purchased points and off peak re-book points refund to upgrade to 3 nights at an Int’l Autograph collection property – so If I get walked on that reservation it will be $200 +90K points.
On a side note it looks last Marriott sale ended on 5.18 and this one ends 10.18 so maybe we have the start of a pattern.
My timing is not quite that bad, but I do have a TATL return on AA next week and just booked a roundtrip TATL to Germany a couple weeks ago also on AA. I would prefer to earn double Avios to the small number of AA miles I am going to earn instead.