Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.
Virgin Atlantic have teamed up with Avis to offer a potentially very lucrative promotion when renting a car.
Here’s the deal and how – taken to the extreme – you can earn four return tickets in First Class on ANA.
- Book your car rental with Avis from January 1 to February 28, 2018 and drive away any time before June 30, 2018 with a bonus 5,500 Flying Club miles.
- Direct link to offer.
- Earn 6,000 miles for rentals of two days or more. (500 miles for rentals of two to six days plus bonus 5,500 miles).
- Bonus Flying Club miles awarded on all rentals taking place in North America, Canada, the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
- Valid at all participating Avis locations in the regions listed above.
- Reservation period: From January 1 to February 28, 2018.
- All rentals must begin by June 30, 2018.
- Entitlement: Valid on rental car group C and above for a minimum of two days and maximum rental of 28 days. (Rental car group C is Intermediate, so this offer won’t work for Economy and Compact rentals.)
Earning 6,000 miles on a two-day car rental is extremely generous. The Frequent Miler Fair Trading Price for Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles is 1.00cpp, making this offer worth $60.
If you wanted to take this offer to the extreme, you could earn enough miles for four round-trip First Class ANA flights from the US to Japan.
There are 163 days between tomorrow (January 19, 2018) and the end of the promotion (June 30, 2018). That means you can fit in 81 two-day rentals by the end of the promotion, assuming that concurrent rentals wouldn’t earn more than one set of 6,000 miles.
81 * 6,000 = 486,000 Flying Club miles. That’s enough for four round-trip ANA First Class flights, or 40% of a trip to Necker Island.
If you do plan to take advantage of this offer – even if it’s not to this extreme – don’t forget to make your reservations by February 28.