Fairmont Hotels is once again offering a 20% bonus on electronic gift card purchases for both Fairmont Hotels and Willow Stream Spas. They run this deal a couple of times a year (usually in May and again on Black Friday) and this can be a good deal if you’re planning any paid Fairmont stays. We had added this post to our Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals master post this morning (along with some other updates), but I thought this was worth a standalone post for those who may have missed that.
- Fairmont is offering a 20% bonus on electronic gift cards on Friday, 11/26 only from 2pm-5pm Eastern (note that this deal is not available on physical plastic gift cards)
- Direct deal to buy
- Direct link to promotion terms
- The Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and Willow Stream Spa electronic gift card promotion will take place on Friday, November 26, 2021 between 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. Eastern Time
- To be eligible to receive a bonus e-gift card purchasers must first purchase one or more Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (“FHR”) or Willow Stream Spa (“WSS”) e-gift cards online.
- Each brand-specific e-gift card purchase must be completed separately, up to a maximum purchase value of $5,000 CAD, USD or EUR (per credit card, per brand-specific shopping cart.
- Upon approved qualifying purchase the purchaser will receive a separate bonus e-gift card worth 20% of the value and currency of the brand-specific e-gift card(s) purchased up to the maximum purchase value per customer credit card, per shopping cart.
- Maximum eligible bonus per brand-specific purchase, per customer credit card is $1,000 CAD, USD or EUR.
Fairmont has some very loyal fans and for those who like to stay at Fairmont, these gift cards can be a good deal. Note that Fairmont properties in Canada have run a number of deals over the past year. I believe most of those deals have applied in prepaid rates and you can’t use a gift card on a prepaid rate. However, I heard at least one data point from someone who was able to get the prepaid rate refunded by the hotel and charged to a gift card, so that may be possible (though it’s hard to count on it).
Still, if you’re be visiting a Fairmont, you’ll essentially save 16.67% (since this is a 20% bonus rather than 20% discount). That’s pretty good for Fairmont. Note that you each gift card can have a value between $25-$2,000 and you can buy up to $5,000 at once for a $1,000 bonus. Also worth noting is that you can buy the gift cards in US dollars, Canadian dollars, or Euros. Each can be used anywhere, but currency conversion rates will vary. If you were sure you’d use your gift cards in Canada, it might make sense to buy them in Canadian dollars as an example.
Note that this deal is only valid until 5pm Eastern today, so you’ll need to get on this deal ASAP if you want to buy.