|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
The latest list of eligible cities for Flying Blue Promo Rewards is out and it includes a number of large cities in the U.S. As with recent months, the award sale is listed as being eligible for economy flights, but there are at least some discounted business class award flights to Europe available; you might have to do a little hunting to find those discounted business awards though.
- Save 25% on some award flights to Europe from the following U.S. cities when booking with Air France or KLM:
- New York
- Washington D.C.
- San Francisco
- Los Angeles
- Direct link to offer.
- Book by October 31, 2022 for travel from October 1, 2022 to March 31, 2023.
- Promo reward tickets must be booked via www.airfrance.com or www.klm.com (except for bookings for minors travelling alone or when travelling with an infant under the age of 2, in these cases bookings must be made by calling customer service).
- Promo reward tickets can be changed free of charge until further notice in view of coronavirus situation. Promo reward tickets can’t be cancelled or refunded. For details, please contact customer service.
- Promo reward tickets are subject to the operating airline’s general conditions of carriage.
- Promo reward tickets are available for one-way and round-trip tickets paid with Miles (Promo reward tickets are not available for purchase with Miles & Cash).
- Promo reward tickets are subject to availability.
- Displayed Miles Fares for Long Haul destinations are for flights to/from Paris or Amsterdam.
- Promo reward tickets for long haul-flights depart from or arrive in Europe, as defined by IATA as the following countries: Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Austria, Balearic Islands, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Canary Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Libya, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, West Russia.
- Due to COVID-19 we have an updated rebook policy for Promo rewards, which you can read here: https://www.flyingblue.com/en/news/rebook-policy
As you’ll see on the landing page for these Flying Blue Promo Rewards, you can book one-way economy tickets from only 11,250 miles to and from the east coast to Europe or 15,000 miles from the west coast.
For example, NYC-CDG can be had from 11,250 miles, with lots of availability in November and beyond. (Side note: this trick sometimes worked for me to display the monthly view in the screenshot below, but not always.)
These award flights don’t have to only fly into CDG or AMS for Air France and KLM respectively. You can fly to other European cities for the same or very similar cost, such as 11,250 miles from New York to Barcelona.
As with some past Promo Rewards lists, economy discounts are the ones highlighted, but there are some business class awards on sale too. They’re much harder to come by, but they are there. For example, there are at least some dates in December where you can fly in business class from Chicago to Madrid from 56,500 miles.
Note that Flying Blue awards come with higher taxes and fees than some programs. While that’s not ideal, you can potentially mitigate some of that cost by taking advantage of the new Air France/KLM Amex Offer giving 20,000 bonus Membership Rewards when spending $1,000.