Wyndham launched a new promotion today which is a surprisingly strong offering and actually makes me wish I needed to book a 5 night stay with them in the next couple of months.
- Wyndham Rewards is offering the following new promotion:
- Stay 2 consecutive nights & get 2x bonus points
- Stay 3 consecutive nights & get 3x bonus points
- Stay 4 consecutive nights & get 4x bonus points
- Stay 5 consecutive nights & get 5x bonus points
- Direct link to registration (click on the ‘Week 2’ tab and sign in to register).
- To qualify for this bonus points offer (“Offer”), a Wyndham Rewards Member must:
- first register for the Offer by completing the registration process on wyndhamhotels.com/wyndham-rewards, wyndhamhotels.com or any of the official brand websites of any participating Hotel Chain, or through the “My Promotions” section of his/her/their Wyndham Rewards Member account on wyndhamhotels.com/wyndham-rewards or the Wyndham Hotels & Resorts App, in each case, between March 8, 2022, 12:01 am Central Time (“CT”) and May 9, 2022, 11:59 pm CT (any Member who registers in accordance with the foregoing requirements will occassionally be referred to in these Offer Terms as a “Registered Member”); then
- (ii) after registering but prior to May 28, 2022, book a Qualified Stay of at least two (2) consecutive nights at any Wyndham Rewards hotel on any Direct Booking Channel (as defined below), and complete such stay by May 31, 2022 (the requirements set forth in this clause (ii), collectively, the “Booking & Stay Requirements”).
- A Registered Member who books and completes a Qualified Stay of two (2) consecutive nights, three (3) consecutive nights, four (4) consecutive nights or five (5) or more consecutive nights, in each case, in accordance with the Booking & Stay Requirements, will receive 2X, 3X, 4X or 5X, respectively, the amount of Base Points such Member would have earned for such stay, absent this Offer, pursuant to the Program Terms (the additional points earned by a Registered Member pursuant to these Offer Terms, a “Bonus”). For example, a Qualified Stay of three (3) consecutive nights that is booked and completed by a Registered Member in accordance with the Booking & Stay Requirements that would, under the Program Terms, earn 3000 Base Points would, pursuant to this Offer, earn a total of 9,000 points (3 X 3000 = 9,000, with 3,000 of such points denominated as Base Points, and the remaining 6,000 points denominated as the Bonus).
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in these Offer Terms, (i) there is a limit of one (1) Bonus per Registered Member, regardless of how many stays such Member books and completes in accordance with the Booking & Stay Requirements, and (ii) a Registered Member may earn a Bonus in respect of one room only, even in cases where such Member is, pursuant to the Program Terms, earning Base Points on additional rooms on the same date(s). Any Registered Member who books and completes more than one stay in accordance with the Booking & Stay Requirements will earn the Bonus for the first such stay to be processed after such Member registers for this Offer.
- For clarity, a Member will not receive a Bonus for a no-show.
- Qualified Stays are subject to certain restrictions and do not include third party online bookings; see the Program Terms for more information about Qualified Stays.
- The Bonus will usually be posted to an eligible Member’s Member account within two to four weeks following the completion of the applicable stay.
- For clarity, any stay that (a) is booked or consumed (in whole or in part) prior to registration for this Offer, (b) begins before March 9, 2022 and/or (c) ends after May 31, 2022, will not be counted towards this Offer.
- Members who have elected to earn airline miles in their Member profile will earn base miles in accordance with the Program Terms and the Bonus in the form of points.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: A Qualified Stay of two (2), three (3), four (4) or five (5) or more consecutive nights that should qualify for a Bonus in accordance with these Offer Terms may be processed differently if the nights, though consecutive, have been booked at different times and/or the stay is associated with more than one reservation confirmation number. If you believe your earnings have been impacted by such circumstances, please call Member Services.
This is the kind of promotion that I wish all hotel loyalty programs offered – one that rewards you even more the longer you stay. The hotel chain benefits as it makes it more likely you’ll book a longer stay, while you benefit from the increased earning opportunity.
The ability to earn up to 5x points is fantastic. Wyndham offers 10 points per dollar, so if you booked a five night stay costing $100 per night, you’d earn a total of 25,000 points. That’s because you’d earn base earnings of 1,000 points per night for five nights that would then be quintupled.
There are a couple of important things to note from the terms of this promotion which I’ve bolded above. First, you can only earn a bonus of 2x-5x once during the promotion period which is a shame if you have to book a longer stay after a shorter stay.
Secondly, pre-existing reservations don’t count for this particular promotion. If you already have a reservation of 2+ nights at a Wyndham property before May 31, it’d be worth checking both the cancellation policy of that reservation and how much it’d cost to rebook your stay now. If there’s no difference or the difference is negligible, rebooking could be worth it if it’ll earn you double, triple, quadruple or quintuple points.