Radisson Rewards Americas has launched a new promotion which is particularly notable as it’s a promotion based on making award stays. They’ve designed it in a clever way though to limit the appeal of taking advantage of it with mattress runs.
- Redeem Radisson Rewards Americas points for a two night stay & earn a free night certificate.
- Direct link to registration.
- To be eligible for the Promotion, you must: (i) Be a Radisson Rewards Americas member (“Member”); (ii) Register online for the Promotion prior to checkout of the Eligible Stay and (iii) Book Eligible Stay(s) between September 8, 2021 and December 30, 2021 (Booking Period) and complete Eligible Stay(s) between September 8, 2021 and December 31, 2021 (“Stay Period”), (collectively the Promotion Period). Eligible Stay means two or more consecutive Award Nights at the same hotel. Award Night means a night at a Participating Property paid for by redeeming points. The Promotion is available at all Radisson Collection, Radisson Blu, Radisson, Radisson RED, Radisson Individuals, Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson, and Country Inn & Suites by Radisson hotels in the United States, Canada, Latin America and the Caribbean (collectively, “Participating Properties”).
- Members will earn a free night e-Cert for every Eligible Stay booked during the Booking Period and consumed during the Stay Period. Offer requires a minimum Award Night stay of at least two (2) consecutive nights at Participating Properties available on RadissonHotelsAmericas.com or on the Radisson Hotels Americas mobile app. A maximum of five (5) free night e-Certs can be earned per member during the Promotion Period. Existing Award Night redemption reservations that meet registration and Eligible Stay criteria are eligible for the promotion. Points + Cash redemptions are not eligible to receive a free night e-Cert.
- Members who qualify for a free night e-Cert(s) will receive the e-Cert(s) via email at the email address in their member profile by January 17, 2022. Free night e-Certs are non-transferable. The free night e-Cert(s) must be consumed between January 17, 2022 and May 23, 2022. The free night e-Cert includes room rate and tax for a standard room at any Category 1-3 hotel if your eligible Award Night stay was in a Category 1-3 hotel or for any Category 1-5 hotel if your eligible stay was in a Category 4-5 hotel and does not include gratuities or incidental charges. Unless otherwise noted, all offer components are non-transferrable and non-redeemable for cash. This offer may not be combined with other promotions, offer or discounts.
At first glance I thought this was a fantastic promotion because getting a free night certificate when booking a two night award stay is a great return, especially if you have a category 1 property nearby as they only cost 15,000 points per night.
When digging in to the terms though, Radisson has been very clever with the way they’ve designed this promotion as limits the usefulness of mattress running it. If you book a two night award stay at a category 1-3 property, you’ll get a free night certificate that’s only good at category 1-3 properties. If you book an award stay at a category 4-5 property, the free certificate you receive is only valid at category 1-5 properties.
That means the only instance where it would be worth booking a two night award stay you don’t actually need is if you wanted to stay at a category 3 property. In that scenario you could redeem a total of 30,000 points for a two night stay at a category 1 property and get a free certificate good at a property costing up to 45,000 points per night.
It’s also important to note the validity dates for the free night certificates you’ll receive. They can only be redeemed from January 17 to May 23, 2022, so that’s not a particularly long time in which to redeem them. It’s definitely worth registering for this promotion if you have any Radisson Rewards Americas points though just in case you end up needing to book an award stay with them by the end of the year.