|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Update: It looks like more cities have been added. Also note that all fare classes appear to on sale on most flights. Seattle seems to have the lion’s share, but it’s worth checking to see what’s available from your home airport. (h/t: DOC)
Delta appears to be having a very good flash sale on
basic economy all fare classes on flights out of Seattle. Almost all domestic fares appear to be on sale and there are some fares to Mexico and the Caribbean as well. Officially, these fares are only valid for 6-14 days at a time, but I was able to find availability well outside the windows it shows on the landing page. Dates seem to vary per destination, but are generally February-April.
- Delta is offering roundtrip
basic economyflights from Seattle starting at 4,000 SkyMiles roundtrip.
- Dates vary by destination between February and April.
- Seattle to San Jose: 4,000 miles roundtrip
- Seattle to Anchorage: 5,000 miles roundtrip
- Seattle to Los Angeles: 6,000 miles roundtrip
- Seattle to NYC: 10,000 miles roundtrip
- Seattle to Los Cabos: 10,000 miles roundtrip
- Seattle to Puerto Vallarta: 10,000 miles roundtrip
- Seattle to Cancun 14,000 miles roundtrip
- Seattle to Bermuda: 31,000 miles roundtrip
- Seattle to Providenciales, Turks and Caicos: 33,500 miles roundtrip
- Seattle to Barcelona: 38,000 miles roundtrip
I’m sure that we’ll see many additional destinations that aren’t listed on the landing page, including smaller, regional domestic airports.
- Basic Economy Award Travel tickets are non-changeable and non-refundable, but may be canceled before departure for a cancellation charge which will be assessed in miles. Any remaining mileage balance will be redeposited into your SkyMiles account. Mileage difference, taxes and fees apply for any changes.
- For travel within the United States (including Puerto Rico), $30 USD fee for 1 checked bag and $40 USD fee for second checked bag. For travel between the United States and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Central America, Caribbean, Guyana, & Bermuda, $30 USD fee for 1 checked bag and $40 USD fee for second checked bag. For travel between the United States and Mexico, $30 USD fee for 1 checked bag and $55 USD fee for second checked bag. For travel between the United States and El Salvador and Ecuador, $40 USD fee for second checked bag.
- For Award tickets, cancellation charges will be in miles: 9,900 for U.S. domestic, Canada, and short haul travel to Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean or 19,900 for long haul international travel.
These prices represent 50-60% off of the lowest basic economy saver fares that we see, so it’s a very good value. Delta has become less flexible with their basic economy awards and the stated cancellation charges will be more than many of the ticket prices, but they are still a great deal if you can use them. These Delta flash sales seem to always have additional destinations and dates that aren’t listed, so leave a comment if you find a nugget.
[…] SkyMiles right now. Act fast. We’re not sure how long this fare sale will last.The flights, first flagged by Frequent Miler, are mostly out of Washington, but we found discounted redemptions from several major airports.For […]
I booked travel for two twice from Idaho Falls to Anchorage.
About $275 per person round trip.
$1,100 in points for 4 round trips. A great deal.
it’s always seattle Delta gives the biggest promotions…like $100 ecredit last year. Because Seattle is more afraid of COVID. For all the wealth here…lots of easily fooled and frightened folks. That’s my explanation anyway.
Or it could just be because they have a big rivalry with Alaska in Seattle.
But go with your explanation.
[…] FM […]
So risky to book in basic economy now with raging covid you can’t plan ahead.
The rest of the fares are on sale as well. For instance, the SEA-ANC route that is 4,000 SkyMiles in Basic Economy is 5,500 in main and 15,500 in First. Both of those would cancellable…if it were me, I would probably go that route and fork out a couple thousand miles extra for the security.
@ Tim — Anything in business class?
Yep, all of the fares are on sale. Like I noted above in responding to Kevin, the SEA-ANC route that is 4,000 SkyMiles in Basic Economy is 15,500 in First. Every flight that’s on sale seems to on sale in all cabins.
[…] FM […]
[…] Hat tip to FM […]
Does Delta charge cancellation fee for award tickets even in the Main cabin?
Not currently. The only cancellation charges are for Basic Economy.
Nice find. Barcelona here we come! Thanks.
Is this possible on mobile? I can’t find how to get these deals. I’m unable not to enter a destination city or dates. I can’t find the flights above anywhere
Oli, yes there are, just search for flights as normal on Delta and the fares will be there. It’s easiest to select flexible dates and then use the one month calendar.