|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Update 1/30/22 – I’ve now spoken with two different Intercontinental CSR’s and both said that the 15,000 point bonus on paying in cash is only valid towards renewals. That said, both then offered to match the 35K offer if I would sign-up with them immediately. But, I think it’s safe to say that the only possible way to get the 15K on a new enrollment is over the phone and YMMV. Online, you’ll just get the 20K.
IHG has a new bonus offer of 20,000 points when signing up for or renewing an InterContinental Ambassador membership between now and 3/31/22. You must stay a total of two paid nights before 4/30/22 in order to trigger the bonus. There is a concurrent offer that gives an additional 15,000 point bonus if paying for the
enrollment renewal (not valid for new sign-ups, although I was offered a match via phone) in cash with no stay requirement, for a possible total of 35,000 points on renewals.
I received this offer in an e-mail several days ago but the link just took me to the generic sign-up page for IHG. Strangely enough, the promotion is only listed in the terms and conditions (something that IHG has done in the past).
Ambassador is a paid status with IHG that costs either $200 or 40,000 points each year. According to our reasonable redemption values, IHG points are worth 0.6 cents each, making the 20K bonus worth at least $120 and the the 35K bonus worth $210, going a long way towards offsetting the paid cost of the membership.
- When paying with $200 cash or with 40,000 points, get 20,000 IHG points when renewing IHG Ambassador Status and staying two nights at Kimpton, Regent or InterContinental properties. Reader Pam points out that using an unexpired complimentary weekend night from a current Ambassador membership is a qualifying rate.
- When paying with $200 cash for renewal get an additional 15,000 IHG points with no stay requirement
- Direct Link to Offer
- 20,000K offer Valid for any enrollment or renewal between 1/18/22 and 3/31/2022
- To recieve the 20,000 point bonus, you must stay two qualifying paid nights at an InterContinental, Kimpton, or Regent property by 4/30/22
- It can take 4-6 weeks after completing the qualifying stays for bonus points to post to the member’s account
Ambassador membership has become much more valuable in the last couple of years as you can now receive benefits at InterContinental, Kimpton, Regent and Six Senses properties. The complimentary weekend night that the Ambassador receives is now also good for any day of the week at Kimpton properties, a huge upgrade from the old ones.
At Intercontinental Properties, an Ambassador receives:
- A guaranteed one category upgrade
- Complimentary internet and bottled water
- A $20 Food and beverage credit
- 4PM late check-out
At Six Senses properties, an Ambassador receives:
- Complimentary breakfast for two each day
- Signature Amenity of either a complimentary 50 minute Six Senses Spa massage for two or local experience (once per stay)
- Complimentary one category room upgrade
- Extended check-out of 4PM subject to availability
- Early check-in of 10AM subject to availability
- Complimentary internet
- Wellness Platter on day of arrival
Given that the the Six Senses benefits are available on award stays, Ambassador is a no-brainer if you have a stay planned at one of their properties. You can also get very good value for the weekend free night in the right circumstance. We had a lovely stay at The Willard in Washington DC a couple of years ago where we recieved a significant upgrade to a premium room along with a high quality daily breakfast and a bar credit, all of which ended up saving us well over $1,000. Do note that the complimentary weekend night rate is usually more expensive than the standard rate and so doesn’t always make sense to use. TIP: Use this link to check for free weekend night prices and availability before joining the Ambassador program (h/t Loyalty Lobby).
With this enrollment bonus, and if you have stays planned and can put the benefit to good use, InterContinental Ambassador can make a lot of sense…especially with Six Senses (no pun intended?). It might not be worth the leap as a speculative option, though.