|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Marriott has opened registration for a new promotion which is a fairly good offer (by Marriott’s low standards). That is, if you can actually register for it.
- Earn 1,000 bonus points per night and doubled elite night credits on paid stays at Marriott properties.
- Direct link to registration.
- Registration of your Marriott Bonvoy account is required.
- Marriott Bonvoy members who register for this promotion by April 20, 2022, will earn 1,000 bonus Points per eligible paid night, plus one bonus Elite Night Credit per eligible paid night, during the 85-night promotion earning period.
- The promotion earning period is for eligible paid nights completed between February 8, 2022, and May 4, 2022, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties.
- Only stays made after registration will qualify toward the promotion.
- Award redemption nights including Cash + Points, free night award certificates or a Points redemption are not eligible for the promotion.
- Rates available through most third-party online retailers and select travel agency rates do not qualify for this promotion.
- Stays at Homes & Villas by Marriott International, Marriott Executive Apartments, and Marriott Vacation Club owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus Points or bonus Elite Night Credits for this promotion.
- Only one room per property is counted toward a member’s nights for the promotion.
- The 1,000 bonus Points per eligible paid night and one bonus Elite Night Credit per eligible paid night will be awarded to the member’s account within 7 business days after checkout and will post with the stay.
- Elite Night Credits will count only toward the status year in which they are posted.
- A member who elects to earn Miles is not eligible for this promotion.
Marriott promotions have been lackluster for many years now. While this latest promotion isn’t incredibly rewarding, earning 1,000 bonus points per night as well as an additional elite night credit for each night stayed is better than most of their other recent promos.
Note that this promotion is only valid on paid stays which is a shame because Hyatt’s latest promo is valid on both paid and award stays. The setup of this promotion also suggests that Marriott won’t be as generous this year by awarding half the elite nights needed to earn the same status that you had last year which they’d done the last couple of years due to COVID. That’s completely understandable given how much travel has rebounded since 2020, but it’ll be a shame for anyone who’s relied on those elite nights for retaining/earning higher level status.
However, you’ll only earn these bonus points and bonus elite nights if you can register for the promotion in the first place. I tried registering both my account and my wife’s for this promotion and in both cases it gave an error message stating the following:
We’re sorry, but there was an error in directing you to this promotion.
The reason for this error could be:
- You’re trying to access a miles promotion and are a points-earner, or vice versa
- You are not eligible for this promotion
- This promotion has expired
This promo isn’t meant to be targeted, so it seems that Marriott hasn’t set up registration properly. That perhaps shouldn’t be too surprising as this regularly happens with Marriott promotions, so hopefully this registration issue gets fixed in the coming days.