|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Hyatt is launching a new promotion which is once again called Bonus Journeys. While it’s not as generous as the Bonus Journeys promo that kicked off 2021 with the ability to quickly and easily earn Globalist status, the bonus points you can earn are still nice – especially seeing as it’s valid on both paid and award stays.
There’s also an additional promotion for Hyatt cardholders that’ll earn you even more bonus points when staying at eligible properties in 10 US cities.
- Earn 2,022 bonus points for every two nights you stay at Hyatt during the promotion period.
- Hyatt cardholders earn 1,000 bonus points per stay at 180+ properties in the following cities:
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- Washington D.C.
- Direct link to registration
- 2,022 Bonus Point Offer
- You must be a member of World of Hyatt in good standing and register for the promotion between December 8, 2021, at 12:00 a.m. CST and March 15, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. CST to participate. To join World of Hyatt, visit hyatt.com, and to register for the promotion, visit hyatt.com/bonusjourneys.
- Only Eligible Nights completed after registration and between January 15, 2022, and April 20, 2022 (“Promotion Period”) will count towards this promotion. Eligible nights must be on stays completed by April 20, 2022.
- Beginning on your first eligible stay after registration during the Promotion Period, you will receive 2,022 Bonus Points for every 2 Eligible Nights at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts worldwide and participating M life Rewards destinations, Small Luxury Hotels of the World (“SLH”) properties, and Lindblad Expeditions.
- A maximum of 20,220 Bonus Points may be earned under this promotion.
- World of Hyatt Consumer and Business Credit Card Bonus
- Beginning on your first eligible stay after registration during the Promotion Period, World of Hyatt Credit Cardmembers will receive 1,000 Bonus Points for every eligible stay during the Promotion Period at select Hyatt hotels in 10 U.S. cities only.
- Eligible stays must include at least one night during the Promotion Period and must be completed during the Promotion Period. For a list of hotels participating in the World of Hyatt Consumer and Business Credit Card Bonus offer, please click here.
- A maximum of 10,000 Bonus Points may be earned under this World of Hyatt Consumer and Business Credit Card Bonus offer.
- All points awarded under this promotion and bonus offer are Bonus Points. For the purpose of this promotion and bonus offer, an “Eligible Night” is defined as any night where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award.
- For purposes of this promotion and bonus offer, consecutive nights at the same hotel constitute one stay (even if you check out and check back in).
- Only the room occupied by the member will count toward this promotion and bonus offer.
- You must provide your World of Hyatt membership number at the time of check-in for each stay.
- Please allow two to three weeks after check out for Bonus Points to be posted to your World of Hyatt account.
- Except as expressly stated, this promotion and bonus offer are not valid with other offers, promotions or discounts and is non-transferable.
As mentioned at the start of the post, this promotion isn’t as rewarding as the Bonus Journeys promotion that started in 2020 and ran through the first couple of months of 2021, thereby kicking off the year with the ability to earn Globalist status easily due to the double elite nights on offer on top of the 3x/4x point earning ability.
This new Bonus Journeys promotion doesn’t offer double elite nights or an enhanced earning ratio on paid stays, but it’s still a fairly good offer seeing as you’ll earn 2,022 bonus points for every two nights you stay. That doesn’t have to be consecutive nights and it’s not based on a per-stay basis either, so you could book a three night stay and a one night stay to wind up with 4,044 bonus points as an example. You can earn up to 20,220 bonus points during the promo period which means you’ll max out this part of the promotion when staying a total of 20 nights.
If you’re a Hyatt cardholder and you stay at one of the eligible properties in the ten cities listed above, you’ll also earn 1,000 bonus points per stay. If you’re booking one night stays at those properties, you’ll be earning a total of 4,022 bonus points for every two nights when taking into account the bonus points from both promotions. With a limit of 10,000 bonus points on offer, you’ll max that out after ten stays at eligible properties.
One of the best features of this promotion is that award nights are eligible too. If you happen to be staying at category 1 properties that cost 5,000 points per night, you’ll be getting back 2,022 points for every 10,000 you redeem – a 20.22% rebate on your redemption. The bonus point ratio isn’t as good on higher category stays, but most hotel promotions don’t offer you anything at all for award nights, so I’ll gratefully accept any points they want to throw my way when redeeming points.