Last week Office Depot and Office Max offered a $10 instant discount when buying $300 or more of Mastercard gift cards. They’re running an even better deal this coming week as you can get a $15 instant discount when buying $300 or more of Visa gift cards.
- Buy $300+ Visa gift cards at Office Depot/Office Max and save $15 instantly.
- Offer valid September 29-October 5, 2019.
- Limit 1 per household/business.
$200 Visa gift cards come with $6.95 activation fees at Office Depot and Office Max stores, so you’ll make a $1.10 profit for every two that you buy. If you buy two of them and pay with a 5x or 5% card, here’s how the math will work out:
- 2 * $200 Visa gift cards = $400.
- 2 * $6.95 activation fees = $13.90.
- ($15 instant discount).
- Total = $398.90.
- Rewards @ 5x = 1,995 or @ 5% = $19.95.
The terms specify one $15 discount per household or business, but you can scale the deal by visiting more than one store, visiting the same store on different days or by having a cashier who’s happy ringing up more than one transaction for you.
Staples is also running a Visa gift card deal this week, except that’s only for fee-free cards so this Office Depot deal is a little better.