|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.
There are some new card-linked offers for Viator that stack nicely with each other as well as giving the opportunity to earn cashback or Membership Rewards from a shopping portal. There is wording in the terms suggesting there could be an issue with a couple of these deals stacking, but with a previous iteration of these deals I had success with them stacking.
- Citi Merchant Offer
- Spend $200+ at Viator & get $20 back
- Direct link to offer
- SimplyMiles Offer
- Spend $200+ at Viator & earn 930 bonus AAdvantage miles
- Direct link to offer
- Both offers expire November 30, 2022.
- Valid for one-time purchases over $200 including taxes and after any discount has been applied on viator.com.
- Valid for US customer only.
- Statement credit/reward only eligible when using the card associated with this account.
- Offer only valid when booking on Viator.com.
- Offer can only be redeemed once.
- Offer cannot be used in conjunction with another loyalty offering.
- Statement credit will not be eligible on cancelled bookings.
While $200 is a somewhat high spending threshold given how cheap some Viator experiences are, that might not be a spending level that’s too hard to hit if you’re booking activities for 2+ people.
There is a potential issue with stacking the Citi Merchant Offer and the SimplyMiles deal. Both of those deals have wording in the terms stating “Offer cannot be used in conjunction with another loyalty offering.” That would suggest that these deals won’t stack, but it hasn’t been enforced in the past. This same set of offers came out a few months ago and I was able to make use of them when booking a hop on, hop off bus tour for six of us in Paris this summer. I received the $20 statement credit from the Citi Offer as well as the 930 bonus AAdvantage miles from the SimplyMiles offer.
With regards to the SimplyMiles deal, you’ll not only earn 930 bonus AAdvantage miles, but 930 Loyalty Points too, helping push you closer to whichever next status level you’re working towards with American Airlines.
These offers also stack with a shopping portal. At the time of publishing this post the highest cashback rates are 20% from RetailMeNot and 10%/10x from Rakuten. You can find the current portal rates here – not that there are three different listings for Viator in the US on Cashback Monitor.