There are some new card-linked offers for Viator that hopefully stack nicely with each other as well as giving the opportunity to earn cashback or Membership Rewards from a shopping portal. There is wording in the terms though suggesting there could be an issue with a couple of these deals stacking.
- Citi Merchant Offer
- Spend $200+ at Viator & get $20 back
- Direct link to offer
- SimplyMiles Offer
- Spend $200+ at Viator & earn 930 bonus AAdvantage miles
- Direct link to offer
- Both offers expires September 30, 2022.
- Valid for one-time purchases over $200 including taxes and after any discount has been applied on viator.com.
- Valid for US customer only.
- Statement credit/reward only eligible when using the card associated with this account.
- Offer only valid when booking on Viator.com.
- Offer can only be redeemed once.
- Offer cannot be used in conjunction with another loyalty offering.
- Statement credit will not be eligible on cancelled bookings.
While $200 is a somewhat high spending threshold given how cheap some Viator experiences are, that might not be a spending level that’s too hard to hit if you’re booking activities for 2+ people.
There is a potential issue with stacking the Citi Merchant Offer and the SimplyMiles deal. Both of those deals have wording in the terms stating “Offer cannot be used in conjunction with another loyalty offering.” That would suggest that these deals won’t stack, although it’s not clear which of the two deals would end up paying out if those terms are indeed enforced. Having said that, despite there being that wording the two offers might both still pay out, but it’s worth being aware that you might end up only earning one or the other.
With regards to the SimplyMiles deal, you’ll not only earn 930 bonus AAdvantage miles, but 930 Loyalty Points too, helping push you closer to whichever next status level you’re working towards with American Airlines.
Even if the Citi Offer and SimplyMiles deal don’t stack, they will stack with a shopping portal. At the time of publishing this post the highest cashback rates are 8% from TopCashback, RetailMeNot and Rakuten. The benefit of clicking through from Rakuten is that you’d earn 8x Membership Rewards rather than 8% cashback if your account earnings preference is set up for Membership Rewards. These three portals often boost their rates from 10%-16% or even as high as 20% on occasion, so if it might be worth holding off on booking anything that’s not time sensitive in the hope that those rates increase again soon.