Radisson Rewards Americas has launched a new promotion offering double points on all stays. There’s a catch though – this is only valid on stays in the Americas.
- Earn 2x points for all stays at Radisson Rewards Americas locations.
- Direct link to offer.
- To be eligible for the Promotion, you must: (i) Be a Radisson Rewards Americas member (“Member”); (ii) Register online for the Promotion prior to checkout of the Eligible Stay (to become an “Eligible Member”) and (iii) Book Eligible Stays by August 29, 2021 and complete Eligible Stays between June 21, 2021 and September 12, 2021 (“Promotion Period”). The Promotion is available at all hotels in North, South and Central America including Radisson Collection, Radisson Blu, Radisson, Radisson RED, Radisson Individuals, Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson, and Country Inn & Suites by Radisson hotels in the United States, Canada, Latin America and the Caribbean only (collectively, “Participating Properties”).
- During the Promotion, an Eligible Member will earn 20 Bonus Points issued per eligible U.S. Dollar spent. The Bonus Point earnings are in addition to the standard earnings of 20 points issued per U.S. Dollar spent and their Tier Bonus (Silver, additional 2 points per U.S. Dollar spent; Gold, additional 5 points per U.S. Dollar spent; Platinum, additional 15 points per U.S. Dollar spent).
- Eligible Members will earn Bonus Points for each Eligible Stay completed at Participating Properties during the Promotion Period, not to exceed 100,000 total Bonus Points (“Promotion Bonus”). Bonus Points will be credited to the Member’s account throughout the Promotion Period when the standard points are credited, usually within 2-5 business days after the Eligible Stay has been consumed.
- An “Eligible Night” means a night at a Participating Property that is booked at an Eligible Rate, identified in the Participating Property’s reservation system as eligible to earn Radisson Rewards Americas Points (“Points”). An “Eligible Stay” means one or more consecutive Eligible Nights at the same Participating Property, regardless of the number of check-ins or checkouts that occur during that stay. Eligible Stays reserved prior to the Promotion Period are eligible for this Promotion but must be consumed (arrival and departure) during the Promotion Period to be eligible and must have been booked via an eligible booking source with an eligible rate.
- Stays paid for by redeeming Points or Points + Cash are NOT eligible to earn the Promotion bonus. Stays booked using an ineligible booking source such as an Online Travel Agent (sometimes referred to as “OTA”) are NOT eligible.
This promotion has the potential to be fairly rewarding, especially if you’re a Radisson credit cardholder. Radisson Rewards America offers 20x base points per stay, so this promotion doubles that to 40x. If you have one of the Radisson cards that offers Gold status, you’ll earn an additional 5x points per dollar from that status and 10x by paying with the Radisson card for a total of 55x.
Greg just recalculated the Reasonable Redemption Value for Radisson Rewards Americas points and came up with a value of 0.34cpp. Earning at a rate of 55x means you should be able to easily get 18.7% of value from those points in the future. If you’re not a Radisson cardholder and don’t have status, the value of points based on the RRV and an earning ratio of 40x means you’d be getting 13.6% of value.
If you have a United credit card, that could be a much better option for paying for your stay. That’s because you can earn 37x MileagePlus miles per dollar on up to $533.32 of spend by linking the offer in the United Visa Rewards feature of the MileagePlus X (MPX) app. The 2x points promotion from Radisson is good but not particularly compelling, but when combined with earning 37x United miles per dollar plus ~5% cashback from a shopping portal, things become far more interesting.
If you’re planning on traveling internationally and want to take advantage of this offer, you might be out of luck. That’s because this promotion is only valid on stays at properties located within the Radisson Hotels Americas region which covers United States, Canada, Latin America and the Caribbean. For stays further afield, you’re out of luck. I’d been hoping that with the split in two of the Radisson Rewards program based on geographical location wouldn’t affect where you can earn bonus points on their promotions, but sadly I was mistaken.