Southwest Airlines is out with a targeted promotion to earn more redeemable points, Companion Pass-qualifying points, or status points when you fly between May 24th and July 31st. I believe this promos only require a single flight. Unfortunately, nobody on the Frequent Miler team had this promotion in our accounts, but for those who do this could be an easy way to pick up some easy points toward whatever matters most to you.
- Southwest is running a targeted promotion offering those targeted the ability to choose a one-time bonus from the following options when they fly between May 24 and July 31, 2021.
- Earn 3X Rapid Rewards® bonus points on your qualifying flight, or
- Earn 10,000 Companion Pass® qualifying points* (CPQPs) toward Companion Pass benefits, or
- Earn 10,000 tier qualifying points* (TQPs) toward A-List status
- Must register before booking your qualifying flight
- Companion Pass qualifying points or tier points can not be redeemed for travel
- Valid one time with one flight during the offer period
If you are within striking distance from a Companion Pass or elite status, those offers would be no-brainers and might even make it worth booking a cheap flight (maybe). The 3x points offer is a decent additional rebate, but not enough to make a big difference in any booking decisions.
Keep in mind that the Companion Pass or tier qualifying points aren’t Rapid Rewards points. That is to say that if you take the Companion Pass or tier points, you get closer to those milestones but you do not earn redeemable Rapid Rewards points (it isn’t 10K points that you can redeem for a flight – think of it more like a 10K discount on the number of points needed for a Companion Pass or elite status).