|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Southwest has launched a new sale today that offers 40% off select routes and dates this fall when using promo code FALL40. With award pricing being linked to paid rates, that means a reduction in the cash cost also results in a reduction in the number of Rapid Rewards points needed to book an award flight.
- Save 40% off base Southwest fares when using promo code FALL40.
- Direct link to offer.
- 40 percent promotion code savings valid for one-way or round trip Wanna Get Away, Wanna Get Away Plus, Anytime, and Business Select fares booked on Southwest.com from June 7 through June 9, 2022 11:59 pm Central Time (the “Booking Period”) and flown between August 16 – November 5, 2022 (“Travel Period”).
- Promotion code savings is applied before government taxes and fees. Enter promotion code FALL40 in the Promo Code box when booking during the Booking Period.
- Offer is valid only for select continental U.S., continental U.S. to/from Hawaii, San Juan, Puerto Rico, and international flights.
- Seats and days are limited.
- If you have entered the promotion code FALL40 in the Promo Code box on Southwest.com during the Booking Period, then while selecting your flights, savings in the base fare will be visible as a strike-through of the original fare on eligible flights.
- Discount availability may vary by destination, flight, and day of week, and won’t be available on some flights that operate during very busy travel times and holiday periods.
- Please note that the Department of Transportation (DOT) requires advertised fares to include all government taxes and fees, however this promotion code savings applies to the base fare only.
- Discount is valid on new reservations only.
- Discount will apply only for select flights booked within the Booking Period while supplies last for travel flown within the Travel Period.
- Changes made to the itinerary after purchase will eliminate qualifications for this promotion and will result in forfeiture of any promotion code savings.
- The discount is only valid with the provided promotion code and is not combinable with other promotion codes or fares.
- All reward travel is subject to taxes, fees, and other government or airport-imposed charges of at least $5.60 per one-way trip. Applicable taxes, fees, and other government or airport-imposed charges can vary significantly based on your arrival and departure destination. The payment of any taxes, fees, and other government or airport-imposed charges is the responsibility of the Passenger and must be paid at the time reward travel is booked with a credit card, flight credit, or Southwest gift card.
- Fares are subject to change until ticketed.
- Offer applies only to published, scheduled service.
- Offer is not redeemable for cash, and may not be used in conjunction with other special offers, or toward the purchase of a gift card or previously-booked flight, or change to a previously-booked flight.
- Discount is only valid on Southwest.com and is not valid on Group Travel or Southwest Vacations, fares booked via SWABIZ.com, our Southwest Partner Services API or through Global Distribution Systems, or special fares, such as military and government fares.
On the face of it, getting a 40% discount is an awesome deal, especially with how high airfare is right now around the country. However, this deal isn’t as amazing as it first appears because it’s only valid on select routes and select dates.
Not only is it only valid on flights from August 16 to November 5, it seems to only be on select dates within those dates and only on select routes. What’s somewhat helpful is that on the landing page above there’s a dropdown where you can select your departure airport to see which destinations are eligible for the FALL40 promo code.
I tried a bunch of city pairings and dates to find eligible flights and struck out on all of them until checking Las Vegas to Colorado Springs in September. If there aren’t eligible flights on your routes/dates then you’ll see a red box at the top saying there’s an error, but if you’re successful there’ll be a green box saying the promo code has been applied. You’ll then see the original cost of the flights struck through, with the reduced pricing being listed below.
With reduced cash cost comes reduced points cost, so there are some great award redemption opportunities too if you can find availability.
Be sure to book flights ASAP because this Southwest sale ends Thursday June 9. With only select routes and dates on offer, some of those might sell out even before June 9.