|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
We recently had shopping portal bonuses for Alaska Airlines, American Airlines and United; it’s now Southwest’s turn to get in on the action.
- The Southwest shopping portal is offering the following bonuses:
- Spend $100 & earn 500 bonus points, or
- Spend $300 & earn 1,000 bonus points
- During the “Mystery Bonus” offer, which runs from February 22, 2023 at 12:00 a.m. ET through March 8, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Bonus Period”), Rapid Rewards Shopping® member will earn a one-time bonus of up to 1,000 Rapid Rewards® bonus points on qualifying purchases, in addition to the standard Rapid Rewards points earned from shopping online through Rapid Rewards Shopping.
- “Qualifying purchases” do not include returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card, or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products that are not eligible for bonus points. Please see the Rapid Rewards Shopping site for details on product eligibility and other restrictions
- This one-time bonus award will be determined using one of the following tiers, based on member’s cumulative qualifying purchases made during the Bonus Period: Tier one bonus: Earn 500 Rapid Rewards bonus points for qualifying purchases of $100 – $299.99; or Tier two bonus: Earn 1,000 Rapid Rewards bonus points for qualifying purchases of $300 or more.
- Please allow up to 10 weeks after the Bonus Period for bonus points to post to your Rapid Rewards account. The Tier 2 bonus provides the maximum number of points that will be awarded to an eligible Rapid Rewards account. Void where prohibited by law.
This has the potential to be a good offer, especially with retailers that normally only offer 1%/1x on portals. If you spend exactly $100, you’d be earning 5x bonus points per dollar, or 3.33x bonus points per dollar if spending exactly $300.
As always, be sure to check Cashback Monitor in order to compare rates across portals. Anecdotally, I’ve found that the Southwest portal tends to have worse rates than other portals, so even with the bonus Rapid Rewards points you’d be earning it might be better to use a different portal.
All the airline portals have offered bonus points/miles recently with the exception of Delta, so it wouldn’t surprise me if the Delta shopping portal launches its own bonus offer in the next week or two.
Anyone know if these bonus points count towards companion pass?
The bonus points from this promotion don’t count I’m afraid. The base points you earn through the portal do count though.
[…] And here is an easy Southwest online shopping portal promo too: Southwest Shopping Portal: Spend $100 & Earn 500 Bonus Points Or Spend $300 & Earn 1,000 Bon… […]