|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
A reader reached out today with an email she received on her Alaska Airlines Visa Signature card with an offer to get 2% back as a statement credit on up to $3,000 in purchases from now until 12/31/21. That should be on top of the Alaska miles earned for purchases and it might make for a great stack with the current offer to earn elite qualifying miles with spend.
- Some targeted Alaska Airlines Visa Signature cardholders are receiving an offer to get 2% cash back as a statement credit on purchases made after registration and by 12/31/21
- To be eligible, you first must activate this offer.
- Once activated, you will earn 2% cash back, in the form of a statement credit, on up to $3000 in purchase transactions (exclusive of any fees, returns and adjustments) made from the date you activate the offer through December 31, 2021.
- This offer is only valid on the account identified within this communication and is non-transferrable.
- Allow up to 12 weeks after the promotion ends for the promotional cash back to be added as a statement credit to your account.
- The value of this credit may constitute taxable income to you. You may be issued an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 (or other appropriate form) that reflects the value of the credit. Please consult your tax advisor, as neither we, nor our affiliates, provide tax advice.
- See email for full terms
This offer is targeted, but it’s worth keeping an eye out for the email if you’re a cardholder. While 2% cash back isn’t an amazing return on its own, earning 2% + 1 Alaska Mile + elite qualifying miles for spend is a very good deal overall. If you value Alaska miles at greater than 1c each, that’s like a return of 3% which would take away any opportunity cost in spending toward elite qualifying miles (though if you’re not in position to need those elite qualifying miles to reach the next status level, that part obviously won’t matter).
My wife did not receive this offer on her Alaska Airlines Visa card, but if you do receive the offer it is certainly worth a quick click to activate it in order to earn the cash back on any purchases you happen to make.
H/T: Reader Kathy