Thanksgiving is a time to give thanks. But, this year, I’ll throw in a “no thanks” here and there as well…
Target Prepaid REDcard (AKA REDbird)
- Thanks for 7 months of free credit card loads and 5 additional months of easy debit loads!
- No thanks for going cash-only
- No thanks for copying Delta and United’s devaluations. You used to have the best loyalty program of the big three. Now you’re satisfied being no worse?
- Thanks for occasional award sales
- No thanks for ruining family travel with your new Comfort+ rules
- No thanks for buying Starwood
- Thanks for inadvertently giving some of us Hyatt Diamond status and maybe Hilton Diamond status too!
- Thanks for the Deal of the Year
- No thanks for excluding gift cards and putting the burden of proof upon the consumer
American Express Gift Cards
- Thanks for years of portal rewards
- No thanks for limiting portal rewards to $200 denomination cards
- Thanks for continued great signup offers
- No thanks for making it much harder to get approved
US Bank / Club Carlson
- No thanks for ending the Bonus Award Nights benefit!
- Thanks for giving free nights to anyone who complains about your credit card changes
- Thanks for continuing to add new transfer partners to ThankYou Rewards (while we’re chatting, please add AA next… or, better yet, Alaska)
Bank of America
- Thanks for making Necker Island possible!
Photo credit: LadyDragonflyCC