|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Aeromexico Club Premier is offering a 25% transfer bonus on miles converted from American Express Membership Rewards through November 30, 2018.
- Get 25% more Aeromexico Club Premier Points when you transfer from Amex Membership Rewards through November 30, 2018
- Must register here first at the promotion page
- Must register first
- Must transfer a minimum of 1,000 Membership Rewards points
- Membership Rewards ordinarily transfer to Aeromexico Club Premier at a ratio of 1:1.6 — with this promotion, you would get 1:2
- This promotion will be valid November 1st, 2018 through November 30th, 2018.
- See promotion page for full terms
I don’t know much about Aeromexico as the award chart and weird transfer ratio have always made it at least appear as though there weren’t any values. That said, here is their SkyTeam award chart for flights originating in the US:
I believe those are round trip redemptions. You may be able to book a one-way for half the cost of a round trip (I’m honestly not familiar enough with the program to be sure). When you consider the fact that you’ll pay half the number of Membership Rewards points you see in the chart for round trip travel and potentially half that for one-way travel, there might actually be some decent deals…though One Mile at a Time reports that Aeromexico passes on fuel surcharges, so I guess it’ll depend on the airline and point of origination.
As always, we have added this to our current point transfer bonuses page.
[…] 25% transfer bonus to Aeromexico from Membership Rewards (Expires 11/30/18) […]
You can definitely do 1 ways with Club Premier. You can’t see availability for US domestic flights online even though you can input the airports and go through the motions of the search with no availability even if there is actual availability. Especially for those that have status with Delta, being able to do RT flights in the contiguous US for 25k Amex pts (20 Amex pts w this promo) is incredibly enticing when awards that were available that I was checking on today for the exact same flights were 49k Delta miles. For my dad with Platinum status on Delta, Aeromexico I think is going to be a great option. I did notice that availability was thin the first few weeks, but 3 weeks out & beyond seemed a lot better.
1. The “weird” ratio 1:1.6 is because every mile is 1.64 Kilometers 🙂
2. Yes, those are Round trip redemptions.
I just check a JFK-MEX Round trip is 56,000 “puntos Premier” (35,000 miles) + 3150 MXN (around 150 USD) This flight is in a Dreamliner, not a bad deal.
Would love a deeper dive on this if someone can do it.