Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.
Virgin Australia Velocity is offering a transfer bonus on points transferred in from a number of different programs. This bonus isn’t very exciting — most of the partners that qualify for a large bonus are not based in the US and you would need to transfer in more than 750K Velocity points to get a 40% bonus. Virgin Australia Velocity is also offering a 20% transfer bonus from select partners, which includes several hotel programs. Realistically, the only partner worth considering for most readers is probably SPG. That said, if you have the right use for the points, it could be worth consideration. We have added this to our Current point transfer bonuses page.
- Get a tiered transfer bonus on points converted to Virgin Australia Velocity from select programs (note – this list does not include hotel programs) based on converting to the following quantities of Velocity points:
- 1 to 100,000 Velocity points = 15% bonus
- 100,001 to 250,000 Velocity points = 20% bonus
- 250,001 to 500,000 Velocity points = 25% bonus
- 500,001 to 750,000 Velocity points = 30% bonus
- 750,001+ Velocity points = 40% bonus
- Qualifying partners for the bonus structure above:
- Australian American Express Card Members, including David Jones American Express Card Members enrolled in the Membership Rewards program (this offer excludes American Express New Zealand Card Members)
- NAB Rewards
- HSBC Rewards (Platinum and Premier credit card holders only)
- Diners Club Reward
- Card Services Rewards
- Bank of Queensland and Q Rewards (Platinum credit card holders only)
- Suncorp Bank Rewards
- Get a 20% transfer bonus on points converted to Virgin Australia Velocity from the following partners:
- ANZ Rewards
- ANZ Business Rewards
- Accor hotels
- SPG Starwood
- Choice hotels
- Direct link to the promotion page
- Valid on transfers completed by May 31, 2018
- The tiered transfer bonus is per transfer, not cumulative and does not apply to the 20% bonus partners
- See the promotion page linked above for full terms
Again, this one is limited in its usefulness. If you still have a Diners Club card and you have a boatload of points, you might be able to take advantage of the higher transfer bonus levels. Otherwise, you may be interested in the 20% bonus partners. While transfer ratios from most hotel programs are poor, you could get decent value out of SPG. Since SPG adds a bonus 5,000 miles when you transfer 20,000 SPG points to Velocity, you would end up with a total of 30,000 Velocity points for each 20K SPG points transferred with this promotion (20K + 5K + 20% bonus). Whether or not that’s a deal depends on your use for the points.
As always, we have added this to our Current point transfer bonuses page.
H/T: Loyalty Lobby