|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Amazon is once again offering a discount when you pay with at least 1 American Express Membership Rewards point (this may be the same promotion, just a new round as I wasn’t previously eligible but it looks like I am once again). The offer is targeted — my wife saw 20% off up to a max of $30 off and I saw 40% off up to a max of $40. If you get targeted for any sort of discount here, it’s an easy way to spend 1 point and score a nice deal.
- Amazon.com is offering targeted discounts of up to 40% off / $40 off for select customers who check out using at least 1 American Express Membership Rewards point
- Direct link to this offer (our affiliate)
- This is a limited time offer. The promotion will end on the earlier of (a) 11:59 PT on 10/31/2021, or (b) the time at which 16,250 customers have redeemed the offer. The promotion button will expire concurrently.
- Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
- Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
- Offer applies only to the purchase where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion is applied at checkout.
- Offer only applies to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if they are “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $40 per eligible Membership Rewards enrolled card per one account (note that this is targeted)
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Shipping charges may apply to discounted promotional items.
- Offer does not apply to purchase of digital content.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your original order. If any of the items in your original order are subsequently returned, your refund will equal the original price of the product, less the proportional amount of the discount. The total discount on the unreturned amount of your original order will then be less than the maximum discount availed.
- If any of the products related to your original order are returned, subject to Amazon’s refund policy, you will receive a refund of the amount charged to your card first, followed by Membership Rewards points.
- Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
- This promotion is available only to Amazon.com customers with an eligible Membership Rewards points card issued in United States.
- Promotional credit is applied before taxes and fees.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
Again, the offer here is targeted, so you may or may not see it. However, given that it’s an easy savings, it’s worth clicking through to see.
Keep in mind that you only need to and only want to use one Membership Rewards point at checkout ($0.01 worth). You’ll generally get awful value for points at Amazon, so it’s only worth using one point to trigger the discount. Pro tip: if you have a Player 2 who also orders from your account, make sure to make them aware not to use your points at checkout. Luckily, my wife has caught that before hitting check out, but there are times when our Amazon cart could put a hurting on our Membership Rewards balances. I prefer to unlink the rewards program after redeeming to be sure that someone hacking my account won’t wipe out my points balance, either.
Remember that you can only use this discount on items shipped and sold by Amazon. Just last night I was buying a “Used – Like New” item from Amazon Warehouse Deals (which is offering 10% off most items when you add to your cart through 4/14). I spent a moment looking to see if I could find a pay-with-points discount before realizing that items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals are shipped by Amazon, but not sold by Amazon (they are sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals). So keep in mind that third party sellers don’t count (though these discounts usually work on third party gift cards).
H/T: Doctor of Credit