|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
In addition to several airline shopping portals offering bonus miles right now, the USAA shopping portal is now offering bonus cashback when hitting spending thresholds in the next few weeks.
- The USAA shopping portal is running the following promotion:
- Spend $100 & get $10 bonus cashback
- Spend $300 & get $25 bonus cashback
- Direct link to offer.
- During the “Back to It Bonus” offer, which runs from 8/01/2021 through 8/19/2021 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Bonus Period”), Member will earn a one-time bonus of up to $25 Cash Back on qualifying purchases, in addition to the standard Cash Back earned from shopping online through MemberShop.
- This one-time bonus award will be determined based on Member’s cumulative qualifying purchases made during the Bonus Period using one of the following tiers: Tier 1 bonus: Earn $10 Cash Back for qualifying purchases of at least $100; Tier 2 bonus: Earn $25 Cash Back for qualifying purchases of at least $300 or more.
- “Qualifying purchases” do not include returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products that are not eligible for Cash Back.
- Please see the MemberShop site for details on product eligibility and other restrictions.
- Please allow up to 10 weeks after the Bonus Period for bonus Cash Back to post to your account.
- The Tier 2 bonus provides the maximum amount of Cash Back that will be awarded
You have to be eligible to join USAA in order to take advantage of this promotion. I think eligibility is based on being active or retired military or being a family member of someone who is.
The bonus cashback is on top of the cashback you’ll earn as standard from whichever store(s) you shop with. If you spend exactly $100 that means you’re effectively earning 10% on top of the standard cashback rate, while spending exactly $300 would earn you 8.33% on top of the standard cashback rate. That’s a decent return on spend, especially when shopping at stores that offer a low cashback rate across all portals.