|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
If you’ve had your eye on a Virgin Voyages cruise, you’re in luck: Virgin Red is offering a 7-night European cruise on the “Valiant Lady” or the “Resilient Lady” for 80,000 points total for two passengers. Sailings are from Barcelona or Athens.
There are currently 30% transfer bonuses to Virgin Atlantic (and thus, Virgin Red) via both Chase Ultimate Rewards (UR) and Amex Membership Rewards (MR), so these 7-night cruises can be had for only 62,000 points from either of those programs.
Limited time offer to book the following Virgin Voyages’ cruises using Virgin Red:
- Choose ANY 7-night sailing from Barcelona on Virgin Voyages’ Valiant Lady or from Athens on Virgin Voyages’ Resilient Lady for 80,000 Virgin Points.
- Valid for accommodation in a Sea Terrace or Limited Sea View Terrace cabin for up to 2 people.
- Book for departures between 6/1/23 and
- Stacks with 30% transfer bonuses from Chase Ultimate Rewards and Amex Membership Rewards.
- This offer is exclusive to Virgin Red members.
- Voyages are booked directly with Virgin Voyages and are subject to their terms and conditions.
- Flights and transfers are not included.
- This is a round-trip voyage from either Athens or Barcelona. All sailors (passengers) must make their own travel arrangements to and from Athens or Barcelona prior to and after the cruise.
- Purchase of sailings from Virgin Red are for Access Keys to book cabins. Reservations made with Access Keys are not eligible for Virgin Voyages’ Perks Program or count towards any future loyalty program credits.
- Cabins are The Sea Terrace or Limited View Sea Terrace on Resilient Lady or Valiant Lady, and will be determined by Virgin Voyages according to availability. The price is per cabin (one or two persons). There is no single sailor supplement available.
- Each Access Key required to book a cabin is only applicable for a seven-night sailing from Athens on Resilient Lady or a seven-night sailing from Barcelona on Valiant Lady departing no later than 07.31.2023. Any other use of the Access Key will be void.
- Each Virgin Red member can book up to 4 The Sea Terrace or Limited View Sea Terrace cabins. The booking party must check-in at the same time.
- Access Keys may be used for personal, non-commercial purposes only. Any resale or transfer of Access Keys or cabins for profit is not permitted and may result in the Access Key(s) and/or cabin(s) being cancelled without notice.
- Virgin Red recommends that bookings should be completed no later than five business days before the date of travel.
- Cabin type cannot be upgraded when using an Access Key as part of the booking process, and any attempt to do so will result in the Access Key being void. However, once the booking of a The Sea Terrace or Limited Sea View Terrace cabin has been confirmed, it may be possible to upgrade if Virgin Voyages subsequently offer the chance to do so.
Virgin Atlantic Flying Club vs. Virgin Red
Virgin offers two rewards programs. One is the legacy Virgin Atlantic Flying Club program, and the other is the new Virgin Red program which offers awards far beyond flight awards. Even though they have different names, it’s best to think of the two programs as one thing. By joining Virgin Red, you can link your Virgin Atlantic account and then all points will appear together in both programs. In other words, you’ll have equal access to all of your points regardless of whether you log into Virgin Red or Virgin Atlantic.
You can sign up for Virgin Red here.
While I haven’t ever been on Virgin Voyages, they seem to get good reviews and are a step up from more common carriers like Carnival and Princess.
Looking at cash prices, these seem to be a very good deal. Dates for the specified itineraries for a Sea Terrace cabin are hovering in the ~$3000 range, making this a very good use of 80,000 Virgin points (or 62,000 Chase or Amex points). All food, soft drinks, tips, group fitness classes, entertainment and Wi-Fi are included. All cruises are adults-only.
It’s worth noting that each Virgin member can book up to four cabins under these promotions, making it feasible for a larger group to travel together, provided that everyone is over 18 (Virgin Voyages cruises are adults-only). There is no single supplement, so the price is the same for one or two passengers.
In order to make this redemption, you’d need to have points in your Virgin account and then sign in to the Virgin Red app and hit “redeem” on the offer you want. Virgin Red will send you an access code that you use to book directly with Virgin Voyages.
Virgin Red is a transfer partner of Capital One, Amex Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards, Citi ThankYou Points and Bilt Rewards. Suffice it to say that there’s a lot of ways to transfer in. If you already have a Flying Club account, you can link this to your Virgin Red account and the points totals for both will theoretically sync…although it doesn’t always seem to be a smooth process.
Overall, this looks like an attractive deal for those interested in trying out Virgin Voyages.