Update 8/18/22: This deal has returned for August 16-31, 2022 with the same “up to 12 fractional shares” offer as last time as outlined below.
Webull is a brokerage app that we’ve occasionally written about because they offer a steady stream of new account promotions that offer varying amounts of free stock for going through varying amounts of hassle. Currently, they have a repeat of one of the easier ones we’ve seen in awhile. Open up a new WeBull account, make any deposit amount, and you will get 6-12 free fractional shares valued at a minimum of $34.
- Open a new WeBull account and receive 2 free fractional share stocks each valued at $3- $300
- Deposit any amount to receive 4 – 10 free fractional share stocks each valued $7-$3000
- Our referral links:
Direct Link to offer with no referral
- Offer Period: August 1, 2022, 12:00 AM EST – August 15, 2022, 11:59 PM EST.
- Offer Eligibility: This offer (the “Offer”) is only available to Eligible New Customers. “Eligible New Customers” are new customers of Webull Financial LLC (“Webull”) who successfully open a Webull brokerage account during the Offer Period. Eligible New Customers must (1) be at least 18 years of age, (2) reside in the United States, (3) have a valid social security number, and (4) be approved to open a Webull brokerage account during the Offer Period (“Eligible Customers”).
- Offer Requirements: During the Offer Period, Eligible Customers who open a Webull brokerage account (“Eligible Account”) will receive, subject to these Terms and Conditions, fractional shares in TWO (2) free stocks (the “Stock Reward”). Eligible Customers may claim their Stock Rewards upon approval of account opening.
- Offer Requirements: During the Offer Period, Eligible Customers must make an initial deposit of any amount into their Eligible Account. Upon settling of such deposit, Eligible Customers may claim their free fractional shares in four (4), eight (8), or ten (10) stocks at once. The date that an Eligible Customer may first claim Stock Rewards is the “Reward Date.”
- Account Opening Stock Rewards: Stocks awarded are selected randomly from Webull’s inventory of stocks at the time the Stock Rewards are claimed. Stock Rewards will be selected from NYSE or NASDAQ-listed companies with a minimum market capitalization of $2.0 billion and which have share prices between $3 and $300 per share from inventory maintained by Webull for this purpose. The odds of receiving stock with a specific price per share are as follows: $3 – $10, approximately 1:1.02; $11 – $50, approximately 1:52.63; $51 – $150, approximately 1:1111.11; and $151 – $300, approximately 1:10000.
- Initial Deposit Reward Stock: Stocks awarded are selected randomly from Webull’s inventory of stocks at the time the Stock Reward is claimed. Stock Rewards will be selected from NYSE or NASDAQ-listed companies with a minimum market capitalization of $2.0 billion and which have share prices valued between $7 – $3000 at the time of the award from inventory maintained by Webull for this purpose. The odds of receiving a fractional share with a specific price per share is as follows: Shares in the $7/share – $30/share, approximately 1:1.02; shares in the $31/share-$100/share, approximately 1:52.63; shares in the $101/share – $999/share, approximately 1:1111.11; shares in the $1000/share – $3000/share, approximately 1:10000.
- Limitations: Stock Rewards must be claimed through the Webull mobile app or website within 30 days of the Reward Date; Stock Rewards not claimed within 30 days of the Reward Date will expire.
Webull has a consistent stream of sign-up promotions that usually involve several steps and a couple of additional hoops to jump through. This one is super easy, though: open a new WeBull account, make a deposit of any amount and you’ll get a minimum of $34 in stock.
In my experience, there’s usually 1 or 2 more highly-valued stocks in the bundle and the average total value ends up being between $35-50. The most expensive single stock that I’ve ever received was around $35.
Of course, they market this as possibly being able to get stock worth $30K+, but the odds of receiving even a single share that’s worth $100-$1000 is 1/1111 and the odds of getting a share worth more than $1000 is 1/10,000. So, not good. Still, it’s a pretty easy way to get a quick $35-50 in stock with minimal effort.
For anyone not using the mobile app having an issue getting the deposit promotion, you may need to download the app and sign in there to see the deposit reward. This is what happened to me, support insisted the reward had been issued, but I only had the “Account Opening Bonus” rewards available until I checked in the app. The app is where the “Deposit Offer” finally came available.
I signed up but only got 7.99 in free shares … 1 for acc open and 1 for deposit. No reply to complaint so far.
Totally forget I even opened this.
Just discovered a little windfall.
Landing pages now says 8/1/22 – 8/31/22 so I guess they extended the promotion.
Thanks for the info!
How long until the “Reward Date” after opening the account and having the first deposit clear?
Looks like it should be 5 days after the deposit clears, which could be 3-5 days after is is sent.
Just a warning they ask for an awful lot to sign up. You have to scan and upload photo ID!? I don’t remember it being this hard for robinhood for example.
Can’t speak to Robinhood, but I’ve always had to upload photo ID on brokerage sites (and increasingly online bank accounts as well). It’s relatively common.