|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Wyndham Rewards Extra Holidays is offering a Cyber Monday deal (only available until 11:59pm Eastern time Monday, 11/26) at select condo properties around the US and the Caribbean (including Hawaii, Orlando, the Virgin Islands, and more): get a 65% discount on the nightly rate when you use 3K points per bedroom per night. These are essentially Go Fast awards with slightly enhanced values in some cases – but that could be useful if you’re looking for a specific area and prefer condo accommodation. One huge downside: these reservations are totally nonrefundable. That’s a dealbreaker for me, but there are probably still some decent deals to be had.
- Redeem 3,000 points per bedroom per night to get a 65% room rate discount at the following condo-style properties:
- Desert Rose Resort
- The Donatello
- Holua Resort at Mauna Loa Village
- Kauai Coast Resort at the Beachboy
- Margaritaville Vacation Club Wyndham Rio Mar
- Orange Tree Resort
- WorldMark Indio
- Wyndham Austin
- Wyndham Bali Hai Villas
- Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
- Wyndham Cypress Palms
- Wyndham Grand Desert
- Wyndham Margaritaville St. Thomas
- Wyndham Nashville
- Wyndham Oceanside Pier
- Wyndham Pagosa
- Wyndham Palm-Aire
- Wyndham Patriots’ Place
- Wyndham Resort at Fairfield Glade
- Wyndham Skyline Tower
- Wyndham Vacation Resorts Royal Garden at Waikiki
- Valid for stays booked during the period that begins at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on November 26, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 PM EST on November 26, 2018 (the “Booking Period”), and completed by December 19, 2019 (the period between November 26, 2018 and such stay completion date, the “Offer Period”).
- Subject to all Offer Terms, the Offer allows a Wyndham Rewards Member, during the Booking Period, to combine the redemption of 3,000 Wyndham Rewards points per bedroom with the payment of a Discounted Cash Amount (as defined below) to obtain night(s) at a Participating Resort. Amount of cash required varies by Participating Resort, but pursuant to these Offer Terms, each Participating Resort is offering a deeper discount on its Best Available Rate than typically offered by such property for its Go Fast awards (the resulting amount, the “Discounted Cash Amount”).
- NO CANCELLATIONS, CHANGES OR REFUNDS ALLOWED.
- A night cannot be obtained with this Offer unless Member has enough points for all bedrooms in the desired accommodations.
- Two-night minimum length of stay required, but only one night required using Go Fast award.
- Valid for new reservations only.
- Blackout dates and blackout rates apply; without limitation, Offer not valid over holidays or special events and, of the Participating Resorts, not all will offer the rate described in this Offer at all times throughout the Offer Period.
- Other advance fees typically payable.
- Offer applies to room rate only, excluding taxes, and does not include incidentals, gratuities or additional per room, per night charges that may be imposed.
- Rate may not be combined with any other offer or discount.
- See promotion page for full terms
It bears repeating that booking under this offer means no changes or cancellations. To me, that deflates the deal pretty significantly.
That said, you can get pretty good value out of Wyndham points here. For example, I looked up a weekend in February 2019 at one of the Orlando properties. I’ll note that I had a surprisingly hard time finding a two-day period that worked — I started on weekends in November 2019, then October 2019, then weekdays in Sept, Oct, and Nov 2019. I eventually started picking random months and eventually found some availability in February. That might further make this one tough. However, the value for points was good. Here were cash rates:
As you can see, the non-refundable rates were $126 for a one-bedroom or $160 for a two-bedroom. The Go Fast rewards were as follows:
So the first room was 3K plus $52 — a savings of about $74 for 3K points (almost 2.5 cents per point). The two-bedroom condo is a little weaker, but still a good deal at a savings of about $94 for 6K points (almost 1.6 cents per point). It’s hard to complain about values like those out of Wyndham points.
On the flip side, keep in mind that Wyndham has some hidden gems. Several months ago, I pointed to a Pizza in Motion post about a Wyndham property in Orlando that offers 4-bedroom units for just 15K per night.
That property is not included in this deal. But it illustrates the point that these Go Fast awards might not always be a deal — if you were paying 3K per bedroom plus a cash copay for a 4-bedroom unit, that wouldn’t be much of a deal compared to booking the 4-bedroom villa above for 15K total points per night. The availability of a unicorn like that will of course vary, but it’s worth checking to make sure it doesn’t exist in your chosen destination before you jump in on a nonrefundable Go Fast award.
I did not search this deal extensively, but I imagine some of the Hawaii properties might present a huge bargain for those vacationing with family, so this might be worth a look, just don’t forget to shop around.