American Airlines and World of Hyatt are teaming up to offer 1,000 bonus AA miles per stay in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and India from September 3, 2021 to December 19, 2021. This is a
targeted promotion public promotion open to anyone with both a World of Hyatt and American Airlines AAdvantage account and it stacks on top of other current promotions and opportunities, which can make for a nice deal for those who can take advantage.
- Register by November 30, 2021 to earn 1,000 bonus American Airlines AAdvantage miles for every qualifying stay at Hyatt properties in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India from September 3, 2021 to December 19, 2021
- Direct link to registration (though note that this promotion is targeted)
- You must be a World of Hyatt member, an AAdvantage® member, and register for the offer between August 24, 2021 and November 30, 2021 to participate.
- Offer valid for eligible stays between September 3, 2021 to December 19, 2021 (“Offer Period”) at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts in Europe, Africa, Middle East, or India.
- Offer not valid at Small Luxury Hotels of the World (“SLH”) properties.
- Guest must enter a valid AAdvantage® membership number at time of registration and pay an Eligible Rate.
- Members will receive 1,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles per eligible stay during the Offer Period.
- Only the room occupied by the member will count toward this offer, regardless of the number of rooms paid under the same account number.
- Member must choose either World of Hyatt Base Points or AAdvantage® miles as their base earning. If a member selects to earn World of Hyatt Base Points at check-in, member will receive 1,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles per stay in addition to World of Hyatt Base Points earned. If member chooses to earn AAdvantage® miles at check-in, they will receive the ongoing benefit of 500 AAdvantage® base miles in additional to the 1,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles per stay as part of the offer during the Offer Period.
- Your account will be credited 3-4 weeks after travel with AAdvantage® miles, which are subject to the terms and conditions of American Airlines.
- Consecutive nights at the same hotel constitute one stay regardless of whether you check out.
- Offer blackout periods may apply due to seasonal periods or special events, and normal arrival/departure restrictions apply.
- Nights at the same hotel on consecutive nights constitute one stay even if the guest checks out and back in.
- See promo page for full terms
If you’re able to stack this with triple bonus from the current Bonus Journeys promotion and you have your accounts linked to also earn 1 American Airlines mile per dollar spent at Hyatt and/or you have very recently (since 8/16) opened the World of Hyatt credit card to earn double elite nights, the return on certain paid stays can be excellent.
To illustrate that point, imagine you have registered for triple points on stays of 2 or more nights (registration is now closed) and you made a qualifying 2-night stay at $100 per night. You would earn:
- 3,000 World of Hyatt points based on triple points (15 x $200)
- 200 American Airlines miles (1 mile per dollar spent)
- 1,000 bonus American Airlines miles
- At least 2 elite nights (4 if you have recently opened the credit card)
- As many as 300 bonus points from status (if you’re a Globalist)
- 800 points if paying with the World of Hyatt credit card (at 4x)
That would be a total of 4,100 Hyatt points and 1,200 American Airlines miles on a 2-night stay at $100 per night. That’s a heck of a rebate on a $200 stay.
The geographic restriction here will be disappointing for those without plans in the included regions. I find the marketing a bit odd in that they are offering American Airlines miles to folks who are either located in areas where those miles are probably hard to accumulate or a pretty narrow crowd of folks traveling to places that mostly aren’t served by American Airlines. I guess they must want some of that data for some reason, but it’s too bad that this isn’t easier to access for most members.