|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Rakuten (formerly Ebates) is offering 10% back at 200+ stores today (8/5/19 only). Those earning Membership Rewards points can alternatively earn 10 Membership Rewards points per dollar, which is a fantastic rate of return on many of these merchants if you highly value Membership Rewards points.
- Get 10% or 10x Membership Rewards points on purchases at 200+ stores today at Rakuten (formerly Ebates), including:
- IHG hotels
- Car rentals via Travelocity
- HP (note there is a stacking Amex Offer on some business cards)
- Choice Hotels
- many more
- If you are new to Ebates and want to earn Membership Rewards, you’ll want to sign up via this link: https://www.rakuten.com/american-express (not an affiliate link)
- If you are new to Rakuten and prefer to earn cash back, you can sign up with our affiliate link with our thanks.
- Available Monday, August 5th only
If you have any IHG or Choice hotel reservations to make, today would be a good day to do it — especially if you’re earning Membership Rewards points. You’re just clicking through a portal here but actually reserving directly on the hotel chain’s site, so you will still earn hotel points and elite credit and have access to any elite benefits. You do not need to book a prepaid rate in order to earn portal rewards. Booking a rate you pay at the hotel is fine — you just won’t earn your cash back or points until some time after checkout (typically 8-12 weeks after checkout with most portals).
Keep your eye out for stacking Amex Offers. For example, there is an offer for $50 back on $250 or more at HP that is available on some business cards. Stacking 10x Membership Rewards with $50 back on top of whatever back-to-school deal you may find could make for an excellent deal. Check our Current Amex Offers page for other stacking opportunities at your store of choice.
Also watch out for headliner offers that might have further details. For example, you’ll see that Travelocity is offering “up to 10% back”. However, only car rentals earn at that rate. That’s still potentially a great deal for a rental depending on prices and your value of Membership Rewards.
If you make any other great finds out there today, feel free to share them in the comments section.