|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Capital One is currently offering a 15% bonus when transferring miles to TAP Air Portugal.
- Get a 15% bonus when transferring Capital One miles to TAP Air Portugal.
- Direct link to offer.
- Direct link to terms.
- Offer of 15% Bonus Miles on Capital One transfers, on the first 100,000 miles transferred, up to a maximum of 15,000 bonus miles per client.
- Offer valid for transfers made from June 15th to June 30th 2023 (GMT).
- Bonus Miles will be credited to your TAP Miles&Go account within 2 workdays of your miles transfer.
- The transfers must be made using the following link: https://verified.capitalone.com/auth/signin?Product=Card&Action=rewardsTransferPartners.
Award Wallet noticed this transfer bonus yesterday and it looks like the bonus is being offered on the TAP Air Portugal side. That’s because a) when logging in to Capital One there’s no mention of the bonus and b) the terms on TAP’s website say that it’ll take up to two work days for the bonus miles to post to your account.
This transfer bonus might work exactly as expected, but I’d be at least a little cautious with it. The landing page that Award Wallet linked to includes ‘en-ca’ in the URL which is a Canadian landing page and so it might be that this transfer bonus is only targeted at Capital One cardholders in Canada. You can change the landing page URL to ‘en-us’ and the page still loads the same which hopefully means that US cardholders are targeted too, but it’s worth being aware of this in case US cardholders aren’t eligible after all.
Update: Patrick from Frequent Flyer Bonuses has confirmed in the comments below that this offer is indeed for US cardholders.
Best Uses TAP Air Portugal Miles&Go
- Business class to Australia/New Zealand on Emirates from North America for 130K with no fuel surcharges. Emirates is one of the somewhat random partnerships that TAP Air Portugal has and is generally regarded as one of the best business class products in the air. While it's not cheap, it can be workable to book Emirates’ business class with TAP miles, especially with a transfer bonus. Emirates fuel surcharges aren’t passed on when booking award flights, so out-of-pocket costs are minimal and availability tends to be good.
- Business class to Far South America from 50K. TAP Miles&Go looks at all of South America as one region, so it's possible to combine United and Avianca from anywhere in the US to anywhere in South American for 50K miles with only ~$30 in fees. This includes United Polaris non-stops from IAH to either Santiago or Buenos Aires.
- North America (incuding Carribean) in Business for 45K. TAP Miles&Go considers all of the U.S., Mexico, Canada, and the Caribbean to be a single zone when making partner award bookings, so there are some options for decent transcontinental rates, as well as flights from anywhere in the US and/or Canada to the Carribean, primarily via United and Air Canada.
Things to Know TAP Air Portugal Miles&Go
- TAP Air Portugal also partners with Azul, Capital Airlines, Emirates, GOL, and SATA, even though these are not part of Star Alliance.
- While you can book TAP Air Portugal flights and partner flights online, in order to search for award availability, you’ll need to have miles in your Miles&Go account.
- There is a maximum of 6 segments for round-trip partner awards or 3 for one-way awards.
- 1 stopover per round-trip award ticket is permitted.
- Open jaws are permitted.
- Award tickets are refundable before travel has commenced.
- You're charged the award price of the HIGHEST class flown on any segment within the itinerary. So, one business class segment means the whole itinerary is priced as business class.
- It's possible to combine TAP Air Portugal Flights, Star Alliance Flights and non-Star Alliance partner flights on one itinerary