Doctor of Credit reported an offer of $20 off of $65+ (about 31% off) at Amazon when using at least 1 American Express Membership Rewards point at checkout. When clicking through to the offer, I see a different version: $20 off of $50 or more (40% off). I’ve seen a few reports of other possible variations as well. If you have American Express Membership Rewards points and shop at Amazon, it is worth seeing if you are targeted. Terms indicate that there are not many spots available for these offers.
- Amazon has a targeted offer to save when using at least 1 Membership Rewards point. Discounts vary, reports in the comments at Doctor of Credit indicate quite a few different versions of the offer:
- $20 off of $65+
- $20 off of $50+
- $10 off of $35+
- 10% off on up to $100
- $70 off of $175
- Direct link to see if you are targeted
- This is a limited time offer. The promotion will end on the earlier of (a) 11:59 PT on 10/31/2021, or (b) the time at which 2,083 customers have redeemed the offer. The promotion button will expire concurrently with the offer.
- Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
- Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
- Offer applies only to the purchase of at least $50 of eligible products, where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion is applied at checkout.
- Offer only applies to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if they are “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $20 per eligible Membership Rewards enrolled card per one account.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Shipping charges may apply to discounted promotional items.
- Offer does not apply to purchase of digital content.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your original order. If any of the items in your original order are subsequently returned, your refund will equal the original price of the product, less the proportional amount of the discount. The total discount on the unreturned amount of your original order will then be less than the maximum discount availed.
- If any of the products related to your original order are returned, subject to Amazon’s refund policy, you will receive a refund of the amount charged to your card first, followed by Membership Rewards points.
- Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
- This promotion is available only to Amazon.com customers with an eligible Membership Rewards points card issued in United States.
- Promotional credit is applied before taxes and fees.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
The terms on these deals indicate only 2,083 uses per promotion, so this is either highly targeted or it will run out quickly, but the button was still there when I tried the promotion a little while ago so it should still be working for those targeted (note that my wife was not targeted for any offer, so it is certainly possible that you won’t be targeted).
If you are indeed targeted, just be sure to only use 1 point to pay for your purchase as you’ll otherwise get very poor value for your points when using them to pay for stuff.
H/T: Doctor of Credit