|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
If you’d been wondering what to do with your Brex points now that they’re closing many accounts, LifeMiles just became an even more attractive option as they’re offering a 25% transfer bonus through the end of July.
- Get a 25% bonus when transferring Brex points to Avianca LifeMiles.
- Direct link to offer.
- This Promotion is valid only for transfer points or miles from Brex to miles of the LifeMiles program from July 1st, 2022 (12:00 AM GMT-6) to July 31st, 2022 (11:59 PM GMT-6).
- A minimum transfer of 1000 LifeMiles is required.
- You must be previously registered as a LifeMiles member in order to participate in this promotion, you can sign up as a member at LifeMiles.com.
- During the promotion, the member will receive a 25% bonus over the miles accrued on the member´s account as a product of the transfer. The bonus miles and the transferred miles may be reflected in the account statement in two different transactions.
- LifeMiles earned by transferring and the bonus Miles earned with this promotion do not apply to obtain or maintain the LifeMiles Elite Status.
- Transferred LifeMiles as well as the bonus miles will be accrued no later than 24 hours after Brex reports the request of miles transfer.
- Brex is responsible for sending the report of miles or points transfer request to LifeMiles.
- LifeMiles is not responsible for miles not accrued, accrued mistakenly or accrued late due to report errors or delays from Brex.
- Once points or miles are transferred to LifeMiles, the transaction cannot be reversed.
It’s been three weeks since Brex sent notification to many account holders advising them that they’d be closing their accounts on August 15, 2022. If you’re affected by that upcoming round of account closures and hadn’t gotten around to redeeming your Brex points yet, your procrastination might well have paid off now that there’s this 25% transfer bonus to LifeMiles.
It looks like this transfer bonus is on the LifeMiles side rather than provided by Brex themselves, so you won’t see the 25% bonus when logging in to your Brex account.
What we’re not sure about is if this transfer bonus is available for all Brex account holders or if LifeMiles is targeting customers who’ve previously transferred from Brex. If you received an email from LifeMiles yesterday letting you know about the transfer bonus, it’s safe to say that you’ll receive the 25% bonus miles. If you didn’t get that email though, we can’t guarantee that you will receive the 25% bonus, so it’s up to you if you want to make a somewhat speculative transfer. Update: There’s a landing page for this offer on the LifeMiles website, so it should definitely be available for all Brex account holders.
Nick wrote a helpful post a couple of weeks ago about what to do with your Brex points, so that post is worth a read in case another redemption option would be better for you even with this 25% transfer bonus. Don’t forget that LifeMiles expire after 12 months of inactivity, although it’s not too hard to extend the life of them. There are also a number of Avianca LifeMiles sweet spots, so check out this post for more details about those.