There are currently three Best Western deals which either reward you when you stay or can save you money on your stays.
The Deals & Key Terms
- Get a $25 Best Western bonus card each night you stay on up to four nights, then earn double points on all nights after your 5th qualifying night.
- Direct link to registration.
- Best Western Rewards members who (a) register for the promotion (bestwestern.com/en_US/offers/hotel-discounts/special-offer/email-campaigns/double-points.html), (b) have a valid email address listed in the Member’s account profile at the time of registration for the promotion; and (c) complete up to four (4) eligible night stays between February 15, 2021 and May 9, 2021 at any Best Western branded hotel in the United States, Canada, or the Caribbean Islands, will earn one (1) promotional $25 USD/CAD Best Western Travel Card (“Travel Card”) for each eligible night stay.
- There is a limit of four (4) $25 USD/CAD Travel Cards or a total of $100 USD/CAD in Travel Cards per Member during the promotion.
- Travel Cards expire on August 31, 2021.
- In addition, Members who: (a) register for the promotion; and (b) stay five (5) eligible nights during the Promotion Period at a Best Western branded hotel in the United States, Canada, or the Caribbean Islands will earn double BWR points for the fifth night during the Promotion Period, the first four nights already completed during the Promotion Period, and each night after the fifth night during the Promotion Period once these eligible nights are completed.
- Please allow approximately 1-2 weeks from completion of the eligible night stay to receive the Travel Card(s). The Travel Card(s) will be sent electronically to the Member’s email address (regardless of whether the Member has opted out of Best Western communications). The Travel Card(s) will not be sent via mail or any other means other than to the Member’s email address as registered in the Member’s account profile.
- Buy $100 Best Western gift card & get $20 bonus card free.
- Direct link to offer.
- $20 Bonus Cards expire on June 30, 2021.
- Get 10% back when spending $100+ at any domestic Best Western, Best Western Plus, Best Western Premier, Aiden, GLo or Vib hotel with a targeted Chase Offer.
- Maximum $29 back.
- Offer valid one time only.
- Offer expires March 16, 2021.
- Complete payment for your stay must be made by March 16, 2021.
- Payment must be made directly with the merchant.
- Offer only valid at domestic properties of Best Western, Best Western Plus, Best Western Premier, Aiden, GLo or Vib hotels.
Best Western has a tendency to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory with their promotions by either limiting how rewarding they can be or by placing seemingly needless restrictions on the promo, such as only having a couple of days to make reservations.
In the case of the first deal listed above though, they’ve managed to combat my cynicism by launching a promo which is somewhat compelling. Certainly not compelling enough to make me want to book with them, but if there was a Best Western that met our needs in the coming months and I was certain we’d be staying with them again by this summer, I’d be willing to consider them based on the strength of this promotion.
Offering $25 bonus cards for every night for your first four nights is a fairly generous return, especially if the property you’ll be staying at isn’t too expensive in the first place. The biggest downside to this offer is that the bonus cards expire on August 31, 2021, so you’ll have, at most, six months in which to use them. If you complete your stay at the end of the promotion period, you’ll only have three months to redeem them seeing as you might have to wait a couple of weeks to receive them by email.
When first glancing at the promotion, I thought it sounded pretty good, but that it was a shame they wouldn’t reward you after the first four nights as that’s all that was mentioned in the image above. When looking at the full details of the promotion though, I was pleasantly surprised to see that for once Best Western would reward you for additional stays too. Not in the form of $25 bonus cards, but by giving you double points. Interestingly, it’s not only the nights after your first four nights which earn double points, but those initial four nights too, but only once you’ve stayed at least five nights. That’s a slightly convoluted way of setting up the deal, but it’s the best Best Western promo I remember them running in the last few years, so props to them for that.
As for the second deal ($20 bonus cards when buying $100 gift cards), this is an extension of a deal they ran last year. I don’t think that offer actually ever ended up coming to an end; they simply extended the promotion and changed the expiry date of the bonus cards. Note that the bonus cards from gift card purchases expire on June 30, 2021 versus August 31, 2021 for the $25 cards earned from stays.
The good thing is that you can presumably stack these two offers. Let’s say you’re planning a five night stay where each night costs $120 with tax. You could buy five $100 gift cards and thereby get five $20 bonus cards. That $600 worth of gift cards and bonus cards which would cover your stay.
As a result of that five night stay, you’d earn four $25 bonus cards, plus you’d earn double points on the entire stay. That means your initial outlay for the $600 stay would be $500, while you’d get $100 worth of bonus cards for future use. Add on cashback by booking your stay via a shopping portal and you’ll be doing even better.
If you’d rather not mess around with buying gift cards and will be staying before March 16, there’s a targeted Chase Offer which can save you 10% when spending $100-$290 on stays. Alternatively, you might have a Capital One Offer for 5% back.