|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Air Canada’s Aeroplan is currently offering a 35% transfer bonus when you convert points from Marriott Bonvoy to Aeroplan miles. This one is only valid for a few days, so it’s one that you’ll need to consider sooner rather than later if you’re in the market for Aeroplan miles.
- Get a 35% transfer bonus when you convert points from Marriott Bonvoy to Air Canada’s Aeroplan from 6/20/19 to 6/26/19
- Direct link to this promotion
- Direct link to transfer from Marriott to airlines
- Bonus is valid from 6/20/19 to 6/26/19
- No registration required (bonus points on the Aeroplan end automatically)
- Ordinary transfer ratio is 3,000 Marriott points to 1,000 Aeroplan miles
- Remember that Marriott adds a bonus 5K miles when you transfer 60K points, so 60K Marriott = 25K Aeroplan before the bonus
If you have a good stockpile of Marriott points and you’re in the market for Aeroplan miles, this can be a pretty good redemption. Points ordinarily transfer at a ratio of 3 Marriott Bonvoy points to 1 Aeroplan mile. When you transfer 60K Marriott points, you always get an additional 5K Aeroplan miles for a total of 25K Aeroplan miles. With this 35% transfer bonus, sixty-thousand Marriott points will become 33,750 Aeroplan miles.
That can be a pretty good deal if you have a valuable use for Aeroplan miles. For instance, if you did that transfer two times, you’d convert 120,000 Marriott points to 67,500 Aeroplan miles. That’s enough Aeoplan miles for a one-way business class ticket to Europe (55K) and a one-way economy class ticket within the US (12.5K). That certainly doesn’t seem like a bad trade for the Marriott points.
On the other hand, I’ve mostly been getting pretty solid value out of Marriott points as of late and I don’t have an immediate need for Aeroplan miles, so I’ll be sitting this one out.
As always, we have added this to our list of current point transfer bonuses.
H/T: Thrifty Traveler
What is your experience in using Aeroplan for Star Alliance partner flights to/from/within Asia, such as on ANA, Singapore, and Thai? I was saving my points for a transfer to Asiana, but since they are dropping the F cabin, I need to look elsewhere. Thanks!
Also, from looking at their award chart, the rates don’t look good: https://www.aeroplan.com/use-your-miles/flight-rewards-chart