|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Accor Live Limitless is offering a 50% transfer bonus when you transfer Citi Thank You points to ALL. This bonus is being offered by Accor, not by Citi, so you won’t see it reflected on the Citi side and rather it will post as a separate bonus within 10 business days after you transfer. This can actually be a pretty good deal.
- Accor Live Limitless is offering a 50% transfer bonus on transfers from Citi ThankYou points from November 3, 2023 to November 30, 2023. With this bonus:
- 1,000 Citi ThankYou points = 750 Accor Live Limitless points
- Direct link to this deal
- This promotion is valid only for points transfer from eligible Citi cardholders from 00:00 am UTC on November 3rd, 2023 to 23:59 pm UTC on November 30th, 2023.
- During the promotional period, members transferring from Citi ThankYou® Points to ALL – Accor Live Limitless, will receive a 50% bonus over the Reward points accrued on the members account as a product of the transfer.
- Members will receive their Reward points in two transactions. First transaction for regular earn and second transaction for the bonus points.
- Members will receive the bonus ALL Reward points within 10 business days once you make the base transaction successfully.
I don’t often pay much attention to Accor Live Limitless because the program offers fixed value for points. I enjoy chasing outsized redemptions where I can stay in a swanky place for a pittance of points, but the truth is that I do redeem hotel points at or below 1.5c per point in value sometimes.
Rather than booking an award with points in advance, you redeem ALL points at check-out, where 1,000 points is worth 20 Euro toward the bill. In other words, points are worth 2 Euro cents each, which is about $0.0215 in USD (2.15cpp). With the transfer bonus, you’re getting about 1.6c per Citi Thank You point based on the current exchange rate. That’s not bad at all for Citi points.
The struggle here is that Citi has some airline partners where you can get far more than 1.5c per point in value. However, if you have a bunch of other transferable points that can cover your airline needs, this actually seems like a pretty good way to use Citi points. Whether you’re going to stay at a Fairmont / Regent type property or one of Accor’s budget brands, you can get definitely-reasonable value out of your Citi points with this bonus.
Furthermore, one thing to like about Accor Live Limitless using fixed-rate redemptions is that it means you can book the exact room type you want and get the same value for your points as for a standard room, so this could be a good way to book a suite for a reasonable number of Citi points. I could see this being particularly useful in places where it is otherwise hard to get a standard room that accommodates an entire family (I’m looking at you, Europe).
While I wouldn’t rush to speculatively transfer, this is a bonus that certainly could make sense for some and it’s worth keeping in mind as you’re planning trips in the near future.
H/T: Reader Jose