Innsbruck, Austria is known as the “Gateway to the Austrian Alps.” This delightful, historic town sits alongside the banks of the Inn River, in the midst of some gobsmacking mountain scenery. There’s not a ton of points options for staying in Innsbruck, but I was able to check out one of them, the AC Hotel by Marriott, in the midst of a hiking trip earlier this year.
AC Hotel Innsbruck Bottom Line Review
There’s nothing overly fancy about the AC Innsbruck, but it’s an affordable option that’s well-located near the central part of the city. Views from the upper floors are spectacular, the included breakfast is very good and the service is warm and friendly. Overall, a pleasant place to stay and a solid value. Thumbs Up
- Price: We paid 17,500 Marriott Bonvoy points/night. Cash prices were around €200 ($220)/night during our stay.
- Value: We were there in the middle of the Summer tourist season, and the value was very good at ~1.25 cents per point (we value the average redemption of Marriott Bonvoy points at 0.8 cents each).
- Location: Located right outside the historic Innenstadt, it’s easy walking distance from the train station, a few blocks away from the main highway and about a fifteen minute walk to Innsbruck Hofgarten and the Congress Funicular Station. It’s very convenient for getting around the valley and for walking downtown.
- Room: We booked a standard room with one king and were proactively upgraded to a 380 sq ft King Deluxe Mountain View Room. The room was updated, modern and comfortable, if a bit spartan. The highlight was undoubtedly the view from the room, which had an expansive vista over the entire valley and the mountains on both sides.
- Parking: On-site parking is €22/night in an enclosed garage below the hotel with in and out privileges.
- Resort/Destination Fee: None.
- Internet: Excellent throughout the property.
- Service: Surprisingly, quite good. The folks at front desk were excellent, the manager of the breakfast room was one of the most attentive that I’ve seen in some time. It seemed to be a very well-run hotel.
- Turndown service: None.
- AC Lounge: Located in the back half of the main floor, across from the front desk, this is where breakfast is served, as well as lunch and evening snacks and drinks. Open M-F from 7:00 AM-10:30 AM and 12:00 PM-2 PM; Sat-Sun from 7:00 AM-11 AM and 12:00 PM-2 PM. Evening hours seemed to vary.
- Spa: None.
- Fitness Room: There is a tiny, windowless fitness center with a smattering of cardio equipment and free weights.
- Marriott Titanium Benefits:
- Room Upgrade: We booked a standard room and were proactively upgraded to a ~380 sq ft King Deluxe Room with a mountain view.
- Free Breakfast: There is a good breakfast buffet served daily at the AC Lounge. It’s a good, if fairly standard, European breakfast service with several hot dishes, cold meats and salads, yogurts, breads and pastries, as well as some made-to-order egg dishes, crêpes/waffles and espresso drinks.
- Late Checkout: We were automatically given a 4pm checkout.
- Welcome Amenity: We were given a ticket for two free drinks at the AC Lounge.
- Would I stay again? You bet, it’s a good value and a comfortable place to stay in an excellent location in Innsbruck.
- Magnificent views from the higher floors of the properties
- Terrific location at one end of the historic downtown
- Good breakfast
- Service is surprisingly attentive
- Good points value
- Each floor has an outdoor balcony that makes for a nice morning coffee or evening cocktail spot
- No pool, spa, etc
- Tiny fitness room
- Parking garage is kind of tight in places
AC Hotel by Marriott Innsbruck King Deluxe Room with Mountain View
AC Lounge (breakfast area)
AC Innsbruck Fitness Area
AC Hotel Innsbruck Common Areas