|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
The Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan shopping portal has launched a new promotion today offering up to 3.33 bonus miles per dollar spent.
- Earn one of the following bonuses when shopping through the Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan shopping portal:
- Spend $150 & get 500 bonus miles, or
- Spend $300 & get 1,000 bonus miles.
- Direct link to offer.
- During the “Treat Yourself Bonus” offer, which runs from 1/6/20 through 1/14/20 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Bonus Period”), Member will receive a one-time bonus of up to 1,000 Mileage Plan bonus miles on qualifying purchases made through the Mileage PlanTM Shopping mall or from purchases made through Mileage Plan Shopping in-store offers.
- This one-time bonus award will be determined using one of the following tiers, based on Member’s cumulative qualifying purchases made during the Bonus Period: Tier 1 bonus: 500 miles for qualifying purchases of at least $150; or Tier 2 bonus: 1,000 miles for qualifying purchases of $300 or more.
- “Qualifying purchases” do not include returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products that are not eligible for bonus miles.
- Please see the Mileage Plan Shopping site for details on product eligibility and other restrictions.
- Please allow up to 10 weeks after the Bonus Period for bonus miles to post to your Mileage Plan Shopping account.
- The Tier 2 bonus provides the maximum number of miles that will be awarded.
This is a nice little deal that works out to be a 3.33x bonus when spending exactly $150 or $300. The Alaska Airlines portal doesn’t always have the best rates, so be sure to check Cashback Monitor first to make sure you can’t get better value through a different portal. Taking a quick look at their current rates, Sephora at 10x and Petco at 9x seem like good deals, but it’ll be a few hours after publishing this post before Cashback Monitor updates with the day’s rates for all the different shopping portals.
One option to easily earn the bonus miles (in theory) is to buy a Visa gift card through GiftCards.com. Although the terms suggest that gift card purchases are excluded, that seems to be generic wording seeing as most retailer sites don’t offer cashback/miles when buying their gift cards. During a recent promotion, I earned more than $100 cashback (with Upromise rather than the Alaska portal) when buying VGCs from GiftCards.com, so I suspect buying a $500 VGC would trigger the bonus with this promotion.