|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
The American Airlines and United shopping portals have been offering bonuses for the past week. That usually means there’ll subsequently be promotions on other airline portals and sure enough, the Alaska Airlines portal has a decent new offer out today.
- The Alaska Airlines shopping portal is running the following promotion:
- Spend $150 & get 400 bonus miles
- Spend $300 & get 1,200 bonus miles
- Direct link to offer.
- During the “New Year’s Bonus” offer, which runs from 1/18/2023 through 1/27/2023 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Bonus Period”), Member will receive a one-time bonus of up to 1,200 Mileage Plan bonus miles on qualifying purchases made through the Mileage Plan Shopping mall or from purchases made through Mileage Plan Shopping in-store offers.
- This one-time bonus award will be determined using one of the following tiers, based on Member’s cumulative qualifying purchases made during the Bonus Period: Tier 1 bonus: 400 miles for qualifying purchases of at least $150; or Tier 2 bonus: 1,200 miles for qualifying purchases of at least $300 or more.
- “Qualifying purchases” do not include returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products that are not eligible for bonus miles. Please see the Mileage Plan Shopping site for details on product eligibility and other restrictions.
- Please allow up to 10 weeks after the Bonus Period for bonus miles to post to your Mileage Plan Shopping account.
- The Tier 2 bonus provides the maximum number of miles that will be awarded.
Earning 400 bonus miles when spending $150 isn’t an overly generous return seeing as that works out to be 2.67x bonus miles if spending exactly $150. Spending $300 represents the better deal as that earns you 1,200 bonus Mileage Plan miles and is therefore a 4x return. Provided the Alaska portal is already offering competitive rates, those 1,200 bonus miles can be a very nice additional reward. As always, check Cashback Monitor to ensure you’re getting the best overall rate.
Something great about the Alaska Airlines portal is that you don’t have to rely on hitting the spending thresholds through online purchases. This particular portal (as well as the United portal) has a card-linked program that rewards you for in-store purchases at eligible retailers. While their in-store program isn’t anywhere near as extensive as the online retailer options, there are still many popular stores that are included like Aeropostale, Boscov’s, Carter’s, GameStop, Men’s Wearhouse, Under Armour and more. Quite a few of these retailers have Amex Offers right now, so that can save you even more.