|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.
Last month Capital One ran an incredibly generous promotion that could get you free or incredibly cheap flights. They’re at it again with an offer giving $200 off Premier Collection stays (their version of Amex Fine Hotels + Resorts). While a $200 discount is good, it gets even better when you realize that it’s valid on one night stays and there’s no minimum room rate which means you can potentially get a free – or almost free – hotel stay, not to mention the perks you get on Premier Collection stays.
- Get $200 off when booking stays with Capital One Premier Collection.
- This is a limited offer that will provide eligible customers a discount of up to $200 on a Premier Collection hotel reservation made via Capital One Travel during the offer period.
- This offer will only be available until the earlier of (i) December 31, 2023, or (ii) while supplies last; and the offer is only available for one booking per account.
- The discount will be provided as a one-time, single discount not exceeding $200. Once applied, the discount will not be available for other reservations, even if the qualifying reservation is canceled.
- This offer is available to Venture X and Venture X for Business cardholders.
- This promotion cannot be retroactively applied to bookings made before the offer starts, and will not be applied to any bookings made after the offer expires.
This has the potential to be an excellent deal, especially if you’re visiting a big city with a Premier Collection presence during a quiet time of year. Washington D.C. has a couple of properties that cost less than $200 before taxes and fees towards the end of the year and I imagine there are other locations where you’d be able to find something similar happening.
For example, Riggs Washington D.C. is available from $197 per night on December 29. When taxes and fees are added, it bumps the price to $229.85, with the $200 discount from this promotion dropping the cost to only $29.85. That’s nuts considering you also get a $100 experience credit, free Wi-Fi and daily complimentary breakfast for two people.
If you still have some or all of your $300 Venture X or Venture X Business travel credit remaining, you can use those credits to pay the balance of the stay.
When that ludicrously generous flight offer was live a few weeks ago, it quickly sold out. I imagine something similar will happen with this Premier Collection promotion, so you’ll want to book ASAP if you’re interested. However, note that you can only redeem the offer once and if you cancel the booking, you can’t use it again.