|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.
Capital One launched a sale for cardholders on their travel portal yesterday. I hadn’t expected much of it, but a member of the Frequent Miler Insiders Facebook group shared details about some of their finds and, sure enough, it’s possible to get flights for literal pennies.
- Save $50-$200 on flights to/from select cities in the US and worldwide for Capital One cardholders. Also save 10%-40% off hotel stays in select cities in the US and worldwide.
- Direct link to offer.
- Expires October 17, 2023 or while supplies last.
- This is a destination-based offer, and can only be applied to bookings made through Capital One Travel from/to eligible destinations during the offer window.
- This offer cannot be retroactively applied to bookings made before the offer starts, and will not be applied to any bookings made after the offer expires.
- Offer eligibility is indicated during the search and booking processes.
- This offer will provide customers with $xx off their flight booking.
- This offer will only be available until the earlier of (i) Oct 17 2023, or (ii) while supplies last; and the offer is only available for one booking per account.
- Your Capital One account must be open and in good standing to be eligible for the offer.
- Travel offers are valid for consumer, non-commercial use only.
- Travel offers are non-transferrable, have no cash value, and may not be redeemed for cash, and may not be combined with other offers unless specified.
This is, quite simply, a ridiculously amazing set of deals. Capital One is offering $50, $100, $150 or $200 off flights to or from certain cities. When those kinds of savings are touted, there are usually all kinds of restrictions, exclusions, requirements, etc. For example, I imagined for the flights there’d be a requirement that you book round trip tickets costing a minimum amount.
A cheap one way ticket will get the same discount that a more expensive ticket will get. For example, let’s say you want to fly from New York to Miami this fall. Flights to or from Miami get discounted by $50 with this sale and with my first search I found an option on United costing just under $51. That means that after the $50 discount, it’d cost less than $1.
If you have any of your $300 Venture X travel credits available, those can cover any balance over the discount. You don’t even have to spend over the discounted amount; if Capital One Travel is offering $50 off flights to or from a city, booking a ticket costing less than that really will be free.
It’s not only domestic flights bookable with this deal as any flights to or from an eligible airport are valid. Nick found flights from New York to Saint Martin for $0.90 after the discount with Spirit. If you’d rather not fly with Spirit, he also found flights on American Airlines and Copa for ~$13.
This promotion has the potential to create an epic mileage run as there are eligible cities around the country (and overseas too). There’s a limit of one discounted flight booking per account, but I think that’s on a per-city basis. If that is indeed the case, you might be able to piece together an itinerary flying around the country for free or close to free while also earning miles seeing as these are paid rather than award flights.
There are 14 eligible cities in the US remaining at the time of publishing this post; here’s a map of their locations:
Note that there are several international cities that are eligible for this promotion too, but you don’t have to be flying to/from a city in the US. For example, you can get $200 off flights to/from Cape Town. If you happened to already have travel booked there, you could book a flight from Cape Town to Nelspruit for ~$200 in order to visit Kruger National Park.
Let us know in the comments if you decide to do some kind of crazy mileage run or some of the great fares that you’ve been able to book thanks to this promo.