|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Amazon runs targeted promotions throughout the year giving a discount when redeeming 1 or more points from American Express, Chase, Citi, Capital One and Discover. They’ve just launched another of those promotions, this time giving 30% off when redeeming 1 or more Membership Rewards points.
- Save 30% on Amazon when redeeming 1 or more American Express Membership Rewards points.
- Direct link to offer (our affiliate link).
- Direct link to enroll in Shop With Points (our affiliate link).
- This is a limited time offer. The promotion will end on the earlier of (a) 11:59pm PT on 6/1/2023 or (b) the time at which 79,500 customers have redeemed the offer. The promotion button will expire concurrently.
- Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
- Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
- Offer applies only to products where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the product and the promotion is applied at checkout.
- This offer only applies to eligible products. Eligible products means products sold and shipped by Amazon.com. Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities are not eligible, even if they are fulfilled by Amazon.com or Prime eligible. Digital content products are also not eligible.
- Shipping charges may apply to eligible products.
- Maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $30 per eligible Membership Rewards enrolled card or per one Amazon account.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Shipping charges may apply to discounted promotional items.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your original order. If any of the items in your original order are subsequently returned, your refund will equal the original price of the product, less the proportional amount of the discount. The total discount on the unreturned amount of your original order will then be less than the maximum discount availed.
- If you used points for all or part of your order and any of the products related to your original order are returned, subject to Amazon’s return policy, you will receive a refund of the amount charged to your card. If you would like Membership Rewards® points returned to your account instead of a refund to your Card, you must contact American Express.
- If a refund cannot be processed by American Express for reasons including but not limited to closure of your Card Account, Amazon will issue an Amazon Gift Card to you for an amount equal to the value of the Membership Rewards points used towards your product.
- Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
- This promotion is available only to Amazon.com customers with an eligible Membership Rewards enrolled Card issued in United States. Promotional credit is applied before taxes and fees.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
- Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards® program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice.
- The value of Membership Rewards points varies according to how you choose to use them. To learn more, go to www.membershiprewards.com/pointsinfo. See full Shop with Points Terms and Conditions for details on www.amazon.com/amexmr.
As mentioned above, these are targeted offers. My offer gives 30% back on up to $100 of spend, while my wife’s account wasn’t targeted at all.
The promotion requires that the items are sold and shipped by Amazon. It can sometimes be a pain finding eligible items because quite often items listed on Amazon are sold and/or shipped by a third party. If you’re finding it hard to use the offer for regular purchases, a good workaround is to buy third party gift cards because those are both sold and shipped by Amazon even though the seller is listed as ACI Payments LLC (they’re part of Amazon which is why it works). Buying Amazon gift cards doesn’t work, but both physical and digital third party gift cards are good to go.
When checking out, be sure to only redeem 1 Membership Rewards point and pay for the balance on your card or your gift card balance if it lets you. Redeeming more than 1 point represents poor value for your points.
My targeted promotion was for 40% off up to $60. Expiring on 15 June.
Is anything known about how to get targeted for these? I used to get some offer every time, but now I haven’t been eligible for any of them for over a year.
Thanks for the heads up, got 40% up to $60 savings.