|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
American Airlines has launched a new promotion for cardholders as part of their 40th anniversary celebration of their AAdvantage program, giving rebates of 400 miles on up to four flights booked in the next week for travel during June and July.
- American Airlines credit cardholders can get rebates of 400 miles when booking award flights.
- Direct link to offer.
- This offer is valid for Citi®️ / AAdvantage®️ and AAdvantage®️ Aviator®️ Mastercard®️ credit cardholders with accounts open at the time of the promotion.
- You must register by 11:59 p.m. CT on May 14, 2021, and before creating a flight reservation, redeeming miles and traveling in order for your award flights to count toward this promotion
- You must register for the promotion before putting a flight on hold for that reservation to count.
- Eligible award flights must be both marketed by American Airlines and operated by American or American Eagle®️
- Award flights marketed and/or operated by other codeshare partners aren’t eligible
- Non-flight awards, including upgrade awards, aren’t eligible for this promotion
- Award flights must be redeemed and ticketed after registration and by May 14, 2021
- Award flights booked or cancelled/re-booked after May 14, 2021 aren’t eligible to earn toward this promotion
- You can make changes to your travel under the original booking (record locator) after May 14, 2021 and remain eligible for this promotion, when you fly by July 31, 2021.
- All eligible award flights must be flown between June 1, 2021, and July 31, 2021
- Your AAdvantage®️ number must be included in your flight reservation for your travel to count
- You must be the ticketed passenger and complete eligible award travel in order for your flights to earn promotion award miles
- Tickets booked for passengers other than yourself will not be eligible for this promotion
- You’ll earn 400 promotion award miles for each eligible flight once it posts to your account
- You can earn promotion award miles for up to 4 total flights
- You can earn up to 1,600 total promotion award miles for this promotion
- To receive the AAdvantage®️ promotion award miles, your card account must be open, active and in good standing at all times. If your card account is closed for any reason you will no longer be eligible for this offer.
- AAdvantage®️ promotion award miles don’t count toward elite status qualification or AAdvantage®️ Million MilerSM status.
- AAdvantage®️ promotion award miles are subject to the standard AAdvantage®️ program terms and conditions
- American may, at any time and without notice, change, stop or end this promotion in part or in full
I’ve bolded some of the most important key terms above. You have to be an American Airlines credit cardholder, with both Citi and Barclays cards being eligible.
You then have to register for the promotion before booking any award flights and award flights have to be booked by May 14. Eligible award flights are those flown from June 1 to July 31 and you can receive a maximum of four rebates of 400 miles for a limit of 1,600 miles back.
A 400 mile rebate isn’t particularly spectacular, but seeing as rebates when booking flight awards are a rarity (even more so now that American Airlines cards no longer offer the 10% rebate each year), it’s certainly better than nothing.