|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
There is a new Amex Offer out for Avis Car Rentals that gives $100 back for spending $500 or more directly with the company in one or more purchases with an enrolled card.
- There is a new Avis Amex Offer that gives a $100 statement credit for spending $500+ directly with Avis in one or more purchases.
- Enrollment required
Terms and Conditions
- Must rent directly with Avis Car Rental.
- Offer valid only for rentals made through US website avis.com, US mobile app, by calling US phone reservations, or at Avis locations in the US and US territories.
- Eligible rentals must be paid by 9/30/2023 in order to qualify. Not valid for bookings made through travel agents, third parties, or affiliate booking sites.
- Excludes Budget & Payless brands, Chauffeur Drive, Car Sales, Scooter rentals, e-Toll and purchases with travel partners for lodging, airfare, ground transportation, or parking. Standard rental qualifications apply.
- Valid only on purchases made in US dollars.
This is a decent offer, but note that it does expire on 9/30/23, so don’t plan on using it for several rentals spaced out over the Fall. The terms don’t mention anything about not being able to use corporate or organizational discount codes, so those should stack with this offer.
One thing to keep in mind is rental car insurance. I put all of my car rentals on my Chase Sapphire Reserve or my wife’s Sapphire Preferred as they both provide very good primary rental car insurance (ie, it pays for damage to the car without it having to go to your personal policy first).
Amex’s coverage is secondary unless you purchase “premium” insurance for the card at ~$25/rental that then turns it into primary. Not a deal-killer, but many folks would want to pay the extra $25, turning this into a $75 win over using cards that already include primary insurance.