|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Best Western has launched a new promotion that’s offering 5,000 bonus points per stay. The terms suggest that this is a targeted offer, but in reality that doesn’t appear to be the case.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points per stay at Best Western.
- Direct link to registration.
- Best Western Rewards (“BWR”) members (“Member(s)”) who (a) were pre-selected by Best Western Hotels & Resorts to receive this offer via email; (b) register for this promotion by Monday, September 4, 2023, 11:59 pm PST; (c) have a valid email address listed in the Member’s account profile at the time of registration for the promotion; (d) book travel between Monday, August 28, 2023, and Monday, September 4, 2023, on bestwestern.com; and (e) complete an eligible stay* by Monday, November 20, 2023, (“Promotion Period”) at any Best Western branded hotel in the United States, Canada, or the Caribbean Islands, will earn 5,000 BWR Bonus Points for each eligible stay.
- There is no limit to the number of 5,000 BWR Bonus Point awards each Member can earn during the Promotion Period. Member’s earning preference must be set to Points. Promotion registration and BWR enrollment/membership required prior to the first eligible stay. Eligible stays completed prior to promotion registration and BWR enrollment/membership will not count towards satisfying the promotion requirements. BWR enrollment may be completed by visiting bestwesternrewards.com.
- Please allow up to 2 weeks after the eligible stay for the promotion points to be posted.
- * An “eligible stay” for the purpose of this Promotion is defined as a stay of one or more consecutive nights at the same Best Western branded hotel, at a rate eligible for earning points or airline/partner rewards, with the exception of a stay booked through an online travel agency, a stay booked through a tour operator, or a stay booked at a special discounted rate (see BWR program rules for further information on eligibility criteria). Multiple check-in/check-out at the same property with less than 24 hours between check-out and check-in will only count as one eligible stay. Eligible stays which take place during the Promotion Period must be completed on or before Monday, November 20, 2023 to be counted towards the promotion.
I received an email from Best Western yesterday which was labeled as a mystery points offer, but the small print in the email mentioned they were offering 3,000 bonus points per stay. After clicking through and scratching off the offer to display the bonus, the subsequent registration page was https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/offers/hotel-discounts/special-offer/email-campaigns/3x-points.html. Seeing as it was a mystery bonus, that suggested there might be more than one type of offer, so I played around with the number in the URL and came across the offer giving 5,000 bonus points which is listed as 5x-points in the URL. I tried different multiples up to 10x, but 3x and 5x were the only ones that displayed offers for 3,000 and 5,000 bonus points respectively.
The terms of the offers – “Best Western Rewards (“BWR”) members (“Member(s)”) who (a) were pre-selected by Best Western Hotels & Resorts to receive this offer via email” – suggest that they’re targeted. However, despite getting an email about the 3,000 bonus points offer, I was able to successfully enroll in the 5,000 bonus points offer. Best Western often offers stackable promos, so after registering for the 5k offer I tried registering for the 3k offer too, but got an error message. That’s presumably because they’re different versions of the same promo.
What you can do is stack this 5k bonus points offer with the other promo that’s giving a $50 Best Western bonus card when staying two nights. There’s not much time to take advantage of that stacking opportunity though because that $50 bonus card offer is only valid on stays through September 4.
This 5k bonus points offer has some somewhat restrictive dates. You have to book by September 4, 2023 which is only a week away and it’s only valid on stays through November 20.
In addition to stacking these two promotions, you can also earn cashback/rewards through a shopping portal – you can find the current rates here and here. Keep an eye out for Best Western Amex Offers and Chase Offers too as those can often save you 10%-20% on your stays.