|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Most hotel chains have launched promotions in the last few weeks to target summer travelers. Some offers – like Hyatt’s – have been pretty rewarding, whereas others – like Wyndham’s – have been distinctly lacking.
I was fairly dismissive of Wyndham’s promotion because it didn’t seem to do much to entice people to book with them, but Best Western has entered as a contender for least impressive summer promotion (although Marriott will no doubt ask them to hold their beer). Best Western’s promo is called Rewards Rush, but it would perhaps be more appropriate for them to have named it as Rewards Amble due to its lack of energy.
- Receive a $25 Best Western bonus card after your first stay in the United States, Canada, and the Caribbean.
- Direct link to registration.
- Best Western Rewards members (“Member(s)”) who (a) register for the Promotion (either on bestwestern.com/rewardsrush2 or as otherwise permitted (e.g., at the front desk of any Best Western branded hotel)), (b) complete one (1) eligible stay between June 22, 2020 and September 7, 2020 (“Promotion Period”) at any Best Western branded hotel in the United States, Canada, or the Caribbean Islands, and (c) have a valid email address listed in the Member’s account profile at the time of registration for the Promotion, will earn one (1) promotional $25 USD/CAD Best Western Travel Card (“Travel Card”).
- There is a limit of one (1) $25 USD/CAD Travel Card per Member during the Promotion.
- Travel Card expires on December 31, 2020.
- Please allow approximately 1-2 weeks from completion of the eligible stay to receive the Travel Card. The Travel Card will be sent electronically to the Member’s email address (regardless of whether the Member has opted out of Best Western communications).
- Only Best Western Rewards members, who reside in the United States, Canada, and the Caribbean Islands, are eligible for this promotion.
- Members will be issued a Travel Card in the form of their country’s main currency. USD for residents of the United States and the Caribbean Islands. CAD for residents of Canada.
The main reason why I’m not particularly impressed with this promotion is due to the nature of the reward you receive. The promotional material states that you receive a “Best Western Gift Card” or a “Best Western Travel Card”.
That’s a little misleading though because calling it a gift card will suggest to many people that they’re receiving something where the value won’t ever expire. That’s not the case though – it’s basically a bonus card which will expire at the end of this year. That greatly limits its usefulness because it means you’ll need to stay at Best Western properties at least twice by December 31 in order for this promotion to be of any use to you.
It’s also a curious promotion if they’re trying to encourage people to book with them because it does nothing to engender loyalty. You could book a cheap one night stay to get the $25 bonus card, but then you have no incentive to book other stays with them this summer (other than to redeem that card) because you’re limited to earning only one card during the entire promotion period. At least Wyndham’s promotion lets you earn the 2,000 bonus points up to five times during the promotion period.
Still, it’s worth registering for this promotion just in case you end up booking a Best Western stay this summer – there’s no point leaving a bonus card on the table if you’re eligible for one.